Got a SWM? Interested in some free stuff?

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Colo moto, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    We are looking for someone or someone's to do some test fitting for us. If you have a new SWM and are interested in some free goodies in exchange for test fitting and testing products give us a ring (719)-274-0606 or email us with the title SWM test rider. info@7602racing.com

Right now we are only interested in RS500 and RS300 models.

Thanks.

Clay Hamilton
    7602 Racing
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I have one, however since I am geographically impossible please just send me the goodies.
    By the way. I would like to discover if the latest "Enduro" versions windscreen, lower crash bars and larger fuel tank will fit a 650 R (which by the way is an excellent bit of kit).
  3. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Me too, Australia might be too far for you but...........perhaps I could cover postage??
    I'm on an RS500R. Would love to test and report on your products....please.
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Good news. We were contacted by someone with a SWM that was willing to test fit some of our products to see if they would cross fit with the new SWM's. We shipped radiator braces with guards, front and rear disc guards. He reported that everything fit his SWM 500. I'll let him chime in if he chooses. We'll get some pics to put up in a bit.
    Johnrg and troy deck like this.
  5. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Guilty.
    I must say these products are top quality and beautifully crafted. There was no modification required to ANY of these products to fit them.

The grey colour of the rear disc guard supplied matches perfectly with the factory grey wheel hubs and would be the colour of choice, in my opinion. It replaces the original caliper carrier assembly and locates in the swingarm slide section perfectly. This helps to hold it in place when removing /refitting the rear wheel.

The front disc guard came in the original alloy colour which does camouflage it on the bike a bit. I don't mind that, after all it is a guard not a fashion statement, plus being this colour it won't show the marks and scratches from impacts.

The radiator braces fitted straight up, no bending or filing required (not always the case with other brands). They don't foul on any of the plastics, they even come pre-drilled and with the required fasteners, for the factory fitted cooling fan to be bolted up. I chose to remove the plastic, frame mounted clip that SWM use to secure the wiring loom where it runs past the left side radiator. By doing this I was able to lift the loom slightly, giving more clearance between the loom and the radiator / radiator brace.

All these products are easily fitted, look great and will certainly do what they're designed for. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

As a side note, I had the bike back to the dealer for an ecu remap. He commented on the guards, wanting to know where I got them and how easy they were to fit, as he was interested in fitting some to a bike for his showroom.

I'd like to say thank you to colo moto for the opportunity to try some of his products, a very generous offer indeed.
    268fords, Kam1 and shawbagga like this.
  6. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Hey Clay , we have an RS300R and 2) RS500Rs at our California warehouse if you want to try fitment without having to travel world wide to do it. We are also expecting a RS650SD in September for EPA/CARB/DOT testing. We would be happy to let you have access to the bikes by appointment or we can verify fitment and return or pay for items that you want to supply.
    Contact Pete Vetrano, 760-949-0941 @ Moto Man Distributing: info@motomandist.com: www.motomandistributing.com: Yes, the email address and the website address do not match! SMH !

Original Dirt aka East Coast Ralph
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I'd have to agree on the rear disc guards-the most well designed & manufactured piece of equipment on my 165! Fine engineering & workmanship
    Colo moto and Oldscool like this.
  8. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
    Well . I am In France.
    Soon ( april ) a 5000 k ride through Spain and Morocco, mostly trails and offroad .. can use some spares either :applause:
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Thanks for the offer but we have already verified fitment with a couple customers.
  10. BASHER DAVIS Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Swm RS650r
    Hi there.....

I have a Swm RS300r and RS650r and I am in the uk.

I run the Swm owners club page uk too ...... I often do reviews for products

Contact me if I can help in anyway

Kind regards

Danny
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Thanks Danny, but we have already verified fitment with a few riders. Unfortunately at the moment SWM seems to only be producing about 12 bikes a year so we have lost interest in producing anything for these bikes.