Got my New Pump Today.

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by HuskyDude, Oct 4, 2010.

1. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    My fuel pump failed on my 510 around a month ago. Did lots of searching to find a reasonable priced OEM unit. I know there's after market stuff out there but I like to keep the working parts genuine.(Excluding Bling) .
    I can't really say where from but it was from the good old U.S. of A.
    I was going bonkers waiting for this thing to clear Canadian Customs.
    Anyway it's here...it's in my bike and I'm a Happy Camper once again.
    There's nothing like to power of a 510.:thumbsup::ride:
    Here's the old pump I opened like a tin can. The impeller was covered with a fine grit or silt.
    I did clean it off and hammered it back together again. The bike would idle with the old pump in, but not rev. I really don't think they're made to come apart.:busted:
    [IMG]
    Here's the new one with some obvious changes. It even sounds new when priming.
    [IMG]

If you're in search of a New OEM pump throw me a PM.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Dave,
    Why so secretive about the source?:excuseme:
    Norman
  3. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class

So that replacement pump is OEM? Is it the same part number as the original? Keep us posted on how it holds up!
  4. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

These pumps have been in the system couple months now, it's the stock replacement.
    Later George
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have never had the pump out of my 610, so I don't know much about what is going on in there. But I was curious if you think the pump failed because of impeller/housing wear?
    Is the fuel filtered before or after the pump? I should know this, but.. better late than.....
    Do you think the silt caused the failure?
  6. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Looks like they fixed a couple of the problems with the new ones.
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 2011 pump is completely different again. It actually is the same pump that KTM is using in the Bergs.
  8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Really? Smart move!

9. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    The small motor would no turn over. Even with external power. But once apart and cleaned it was fine. I don't believe impeller/housing wear was an issue. But once I hammered it back together it was.:D
    When I put it back in the bike it would idle but not create enough psi while revving. The impeller/housing wasn't sealed enough. These pump are not made to come apart. I knew mine was fubar and I pretty well have taken everything I own apart since childhood...bad habit...:D
    The fuel filter is downstream of the pump, meaning the pump is not filtered. There is a fine nylon like screen on the pump intake but not fine enough to stop the silt from entering the pump.
    Yes I do...on mine, not sure of other pump failures.
    I would have just tossed the pump assembly in the trash...but what's the fun in that.

Scott what have they changed on the pumps? Can you post a side by each pic for us?:excuseme:
  10. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Interesting, I suspect the pump can't create enough suction for a real filter on the inlet or that is where the filter would be.
    A diaphram type pump might have been a better choice?
  11. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Same set up on all fuel injected cars. They use a sock (fine nylon screan) to pre filter pump and use the real filter post pump.
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I havent seen the 2011 pump but my tech was at a 2011 training school last week and he told me that the pump was all new for 11 and that it looked just like the Husaberg pumps that he has seen already.
  13. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    That is good info for people to know... Its like I said to a couple guys: "apparently most are finding crap in their fuel pumps-" (and here's the technical part) "Crap is ruining pumps, so don't put crap in your tank"... :busted:
    Wish it were that easy to prevent.
  14. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    wow , you mean I can buy just the fuel pump and not the entire $500 assembly??????

I am curious as well.....
  15. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I have a 2010 Te450 with 100 miles that wont stay running for 20 minutes, I would GLADLY buy ANY fuel pump that was a 10.6g/h (40 l/h), non-return fuel circuit, 43 psi.

Could you please post or PM me with ANY info you have on ANY fuel pump that will work on a 2010 TE450, I dont care if its not OEM

Thanks
  16. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    If a pump clogs up couldn't it be back washed with a big syringe and/or some compressd air?
  17. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

If the old assembly is not going to be used - please cut open the filter. I'd like to know if it's plugged with this fine silt as well.

Since the pressure regulator is after the filter - and the filter is after the pump - a plugged filter would force the pump to run at a much higher load (output pressure). Dead-heading a vane pump this does not have an internal bypass is not a good thing at all.

That inlet sock looks pretty black too - you might want to wash out the tank. I remember mine as being white. (2009)

IMO - MAT
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Good point I'll take the filter apart tomorrow morning and post up.
    But with not having a pre-filter before the pump I suspect the internal filter will not be plugged.:excuseme: