1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Got my Walts 144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by johnnyboy, May 1, 2012.

1. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Finally got my parts back from the tiddler master (Walt) got held up in the UKs customs after poor Walt what with all his other work ect was a bit behind with all the back log but all came good in the end
    Must say all the workmanship is of a lovely standard, chucked it all back together in no time at all and went testing
    Straight away I knew it had gone rich across the whole range as the temperature has shot up today, pressed on just to let it loosen up and bed in a bit
    Did a plug chop and it was way rich so road back home to swap a bit of brass around and set off again with a pocket full of jets and tools and swapped a few things about till every thing was perfect
    I am really really pleased with the results, the power is so smooth and long its hard to belive its a 144 two stroke, I was playing trials rider in the woods and the thing was brilliant! I could make it climb up and over all sorts of logs and ditches with total ease then move to the faster parts that are still just a muddy mess and it just smoothly but strongly built to the same screeching top end it had as a 125
    Will have another ride tomorrow and play with the governor arm position a bit just to see if it can get any better but I am no to bothered as its so good as it is
    Well done Walt you excelled yourself :applause: Now to gather up all my other resently accuired parts and see about going the 165 route as well :D
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    A couple of pics
    P1000067.JPG P1000067.JPG

Attached Files:

huskybear likes this.
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Why not straight to a 165 kit??

are you running the 144 kit with the stock exhaust pipe?

Robert-Jan
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good report, thanks. You do not run a in line fuel filter?
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats! I had the Walt 144 myself and really loved the set up on my 08 CR125. I really was a little scared to try the WB165 but finally did and it's like his 144 with more power everywhere. Both are BRILLIANT as you guys state it. Nice looking bike btw. Enjoy.
  6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    The pipe is a HGS and on the 125 it made a fair bit more midrange and top but added nothing to the bottom end but also took nothing away
    And no I have no inline filter fitted at the moment its on the bench with the old fuel line that seemed to go very stiff and brittle since its been laid up
    I will try the 165 but I was having so much fun with it as a 125 I at the time didnt feel the need, but old age lack of fitness and a beer belly may be the turning point lol
  7. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

nice one, what jets were you running as a 125 and what are you using now ,did you get charged import duty? is there big difference in power? ps bike looks mint:thumbsup:
  8. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Hi Wayne
    I have tried various carbs as the stock mikuni gave me fits with weather changes although always ran good flat out lol
    Carbs tried were a PWK 36 - PWK 39 and a 37.3 ( I think thats what it measured) all the carbs came from KTMs but only the 37.whatever is the short body length the same as the stocker
    I fitted a divider plate to the 39 and the 37. on the reed side like the RB items, during testing sessions even the 39mm pulled of the bottom harder than the 36mm as long as the throttle was no more than half open and had way more on top, over a measured distance from standstill to flat out the 36mm pulled 68mph the 39mm pulled 73mph
    I settled on the 37 as its a better fit between the air boots and is on par nearly with the 39
    Jetting as a 125 was
    Pilot 38
    Needle NOZG clip in the middle postion
    Slide 7
    main 175 / 178
    Power valve governor arm nearly to the top - Stock spring with a softish inner spring that smoothed out the hit

Final testing yesterday on the 144 ended up as
    Pilot 35
    Slide 7
    needle NOZG clip second from top
    Main 170
    Powervalve arm around the middle and still with the inner spring

Power is up every where by far more than I expected but strangely (but good for me) absolutly no real hit, it just pulls and pulls but still has a fantastic top end, its more like a electric motor than a 2 smoker but deceptively fast, but I did get the 125 a bit like this eventually
    My bit of gound that I play around on testing was a dodle on the 144 even playing trials rider over the logs ect and I never stalled it once, even my TM 250f that I modified a Rekluse Z start pro fron a KX450F to fit struggles in these conditions but thats more because it feels so much heavier

And yes the UK customs took £ 74.34 from me but as I had the recipts proving I sent it all to Walt and it was just getting sent back to me I have claimed it all back so that one in the eye for the robbing ba$t&rds lol

Once again thanks to Walt for a cracking job at a fantastic price :cheers:
    dartyppyt likes this.
  9. UKHUSKYSTEVE. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi i also have just got a 144 Walt kit for my sons wr 125 ,it got hung up with customs from 23 april until last week collected it on Friday,looks great and will be putting it on this week end ,i got hit with £71 duty , didn't know i could claim it back ! Walts kit is a bargain compared to the £750 PLUS VAT husky kit, looks like at least 2 of his 144 kits here in the UK now, Are there any more out there ? will let you know how it performs, Cheers Steve.
  10. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    You wont be dissapointed
    I have spent a fair amount of time testing a few settings and could not be happier
    I fitted a extra spring (modified fuel line clip) to the upper power valve lingage to stiffen the junction up as I suspect the original will let the valves flutter !!
    I could be wrong but the results definatly made the bike even better, power seems to come on a little earlier and is even crisper than I had it before
    Would like to hear a few comments on this from Walt ect to see if they have any views on the subject :thumbsup: