1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc got myself a cr 125 for 200 bucks now what?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Thomas Simpson, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Thomas Simpson Husqvarna
    A Class

i bought this cr 125 four days ago and i know its between the years 2000-2004 im guessing its a 2003 but don't have a clue because the guy i bought it from was unsure of the year and size even tho it says 125 all over it ,however, is there any way i can tell if i cant read the vin on the frame?. anyways i got two bikes one is a 04 parts bike with cracked jug and no carb and the bike in the picture, which needs nothing but a wash and new plastics runs like a champ

my main concern is what year is it and what parts from other years will fit it cause i know they change from 2004 to 2005 just not sure DSCN0632.JPG
    thanks guys
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    the tenth digit tells the year
    Y is 2000 then after 2000 1 through 10 is actual year

but without a frame vin....Not sure
  3. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

looks like an 04, judging by the rear caliper, and dark gray engine covers, also fork gaurds and graphics are right for an 04. I don't think the mini caliper was used berore 04 and was
    not easily swapped because the carier tab on the swing arm was in a different location.
    the pipe is from an earlier model 00-03. also the air boot is different on an 04 but can't
    see it in the picture.
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    2003 or 2004

tank fill is slightly diferent as my 2002 WR

if the graphics are original I would say 2003 (2004 had the 100 year anniversary graphics if I am not wrong)

Robert-Jan
  5. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    The price was right all parts from 99/05/06 inter change great bike I love mine but my 14yr old son is ridding it at the moment I'll 165 it in the next 2month or so all in all well sorted model give it a new top end a ride it hard that love it wide open
    Thomas Simpson likes this.
  6. Thomas Simpson Husqvarna
    A Class

im new to cafehusky and so far im loving this site all the info is so helpful and thank you guys for the help, its very appreciate. and that's great i was looking for the pointy rear fender and side panels from the o5 to fit my o4 and found them on a site i found on here, Motoplasticsus.com and was wondering if the 06 tank covers/ radiators shrouds would fit my tank or would i need to get a different tank? and no matter how hard i look i cant find black number plates and fork guards cause im swapping the whole bike over to black excels and black plastics <3 already got a fmf fatty pipe and new wheel bearings n tires. any6 clue on where i can find a black front number plate and black fork gaurds?

thanks again guys
  7. Thomas Simpson Husqvarna
    A Class

i also have a 2002 parts bike including back swing arm, whole frame (the rear part of the frame where the seat bolts two is bent), front rim assembly, front c cycle forks, triple clamps, stock rear suspension, whole engine with junked piston and crack jug and air box and carb. dont know if anything is good haven't even looked at the pieces in the box yet but im willing to part with some parts that i dont need for a price so if anybody needs something just let me know im in north eastern CT
  8. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    Hay Tom 99 front plate is blk n 04 smr450fork Garde are blk my 04 is blk with exel blk rims red kite hubs I'm runing 04 blk plastics I've posted pics somewher else on cafe it's show us your 2 stroke or sum thin I've got a CHR pipe n a dep silencer and a guts seat cover it's got the blu rear gard on it at the moment my son flipped it so I straightened the subbframe out he through it up the road yesty bent the subby again bit the Gardes ok I'm pritty sure UFO make all blk plastics for all husky models. sweet as bro hold it wide MITCH !!!
  9. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

My guess is 2002
  10. Thomas Simpson Husqvarna
    A Class

i was able to grind down the scuffs on the frame n vin # and i was able to read the (what i think was the tenth digit number and it is an 4 so thanks dirt dude and everybody im going with the year o4 :D. n Cheko7 i found the picture of your blacked out cr125 runnin the number 7 and it is beautiful bike you have the red hubs are an interesting touch. ill have to check ufo out thanks again
  11. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Nice score, poor bike looks like it could use some elbow grease.

I think its an '04 as well, here's my '04 for comparison[IMG]
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I'll give you 300
    dylandog likes this.
  13. Thomas Simpson Husqvarna
    A Class

sorry racemx904 im keeping my baby but i do have a 2002 husky cr125 parts bike i got with the 04 that im parting out if u need anything and that o4 is beautiful u keep very nice care of ur bike i hit mine with de greaser and a ton of pressure washes and it looks brand new i took it down to the frame and washed it all with a tooth brush :D and im in the process of all new bolts and plastics
  14. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 2000 model had black rear fender, fork guards and front plate. I have it all and would sell if you like. It's all in good shape.
  15. Thomas Simpson Husqvarna
    A Class

im interested in the fork guards and the front plate, where r u located?
  16. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

$30 includes shipping. PM me for payment arrangements if like.

Thx!!
  17. Thomas Simpson Husqvarna
    A Class

i tried to pm u and i keep getting this error " Cafe husky - error You do not have permission to view this page" so i have no clue :banghead: see if u can pm me or i can just shoot u an email
  18. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sent you a pm.....drop me an e-mail if you don't get it gp@corcs.net
  19. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Right on with the rear brake..it is a 2004...don't even think they imported in 2003.

I have a lot of spares if you need anything.
  20. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS