Got the new Sherco's in

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by dcg141, Feb 23, 2013.

1. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Though I would give you guys something different than the Husaqvarna/KTM topic. Very sweet bikes.

Attached Files:

2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet looking bikes! Hey you following me :lol:.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That 290 thing look fun. I kinda like the look of them before a little better. Still good looking bikes.
  4. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    sweet bikes and on the short list for sure. (any 2 stroke enduros coming in?)
  5. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Possibly April. This bike is a really well thought out clean design. I am looking forward to the 2 stroke.
  6. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No turn signals! I am making the rounds..got bikes to sell..lol.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Still has the passanger pegs :D. I really am thinking about the 300.
  8. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ridersville has a demo 300 four stroke John!! Come try it out.
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

They look great! I am waiting for the 2 strokes to get here.
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

the 290 is one of the most interesting bikes i've seen in a while. too bad they are using the crappy phb car instead of the sophisticated vhst.

r
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've been wanting to make the 4 hour drive back out to Ridersville now I have a good reason :D. I think Harrold must sell every brand bike made! Thanks for the tip.
    RKHOP84 likes this.
  12. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got to ride the bike today John, you better get up there on a nice day and bring your gear.

I'm a Husky guy and I was very surprised on how nice this bike is. I only rode it maybe 2 miles on slick rooty east coast trails but will ride it more soon. The Bike was at the shop doing a heat cycle when I arrived and kept thinking that it sounded just like a Husky with exhaust note and air box. The motor looks like a Yamaha but it's not. Did my usual thing trying to find something wrong with it, nothing. Nice grab handles on the rear fender and fit and finish appeared to be top notch. I did not go over it with a fine tooth comb as honestly I did not think Sherco was something I would be interested in. Only changes were hand guards and still had the restricted exhaust. I let others ride it first and everyone came back positive after riding it. Then Harold rode it and on the first lap was leading the way, well he always does that. I rode it later in the day and the motor is something you have to feel for yourself as it has to be one of the smoothest small bore four strokes I have ever ridden. Super smooth and linear. Plus the thing keeps pulling in a gear high where you expect to get a cough and die. Even though I forget the name of the FI Sherco uses, I can say it works excellent right out of the crate. This bike was fresh out of the crate and ran better than the Keihn FI in my opinion. It is very narrow and light feeling as well. Seemed to turn well too but the fork/shock springs were too soft for my weight (5.1 rear spring). I am guessing the TXC 310 has a little more hp maybe off bottom but not by much. It keeps making me wonder now what it will be like with a little more open exhaust and proper spring rates. Don't mean to sound like an ad but I was very impressed. I don't think there are that many here in the US so I doubt he will have a problem selling them.
    RKHOP84 likes this.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I really appreciate that write up :thumbsup: . I would rather have a fellow member's report than some mag. Does it feel lighter than the TXC310? Also how is the seat height? I'm really a little scared of FI bikes at this time but Clay said the same thing as you in that Sherco nailed the FI mapping on the bike. I'm a Husky guy too and may end up with a third (2013 TXC310) but I like the looks of the Sherco and so far like what I hear too. I want an e-start bike thats light weight, thin feeling, 300/310 cc's, and turns and handles well. Thanks again for your report. :cheers:
  14. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    :thumbsup: I feel somewhat like a traitor for suggesting this but: i am going to buy a Sherco 2-stroke when they arrive. Two reasons, Clay Stuckey needs the support and they are as i understand it more,they are a well engineered scooter. This guy that bought Husky has plenty of dough so i'm saying i'll spend it with Sherco. It's interesting and refreshing to see Euro bikes and their attention to form and function, art work i think. Things are improving for the U.S. buyer with more choices of brilliance known as European dirt bikes. Or the ones that are exotic's to the eunuchs of magazine fame.
    john01 and rasputin like this.
  15. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I rode that one in pic Sunday and it is a very sweet ride. Got to be the lightest feeling 4 stroke I have ever ridden. In fact it feels more like a 2 stroke. Power is smooth and pretty much what you would expect from a FI 300 4 stroke. Goes where its pointed and the suspension was good for me at 170 lbs. My only real complaint would be the black fuel tank. Would like to see a translucent tank.
  16. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Never seen a Sherco in the flesh, but they sure look nice in pics. My local dealer has a new Beta 2 stroke in stock and it is dead sexy. Makes my Husky's look like ancient artifacts.

I really like all these smaller brands making a run at the enduro market... as they should since the Japanese have pretty much abandoned it.
    boisedave and TROFFER88 like this.
  17. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
  18. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Every ride report I have read this week has been very positive. It seems everyone is very impressed with the fit and finish.
  19. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    How long ago was this? I was down at ridersville about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and didn't see the sherco in the back or the showroom? I only live about 30 minutes away from there.
  20. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    You know, as happy as i am to see the eruopean bikes really start to gain a foot hold here in america, what id really like to see is a good well rounded maker come out of the good ole USA and start to contend with these brands! I can't remember the last time i heard of a good bike coming from the United States that could compete with any of the top enduro or motocross bikes :(
    sabortooth likes this.