Got The Voyager GPS mounted up...

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Will snap some better pix later. Modified the bracket to place it exactly where I wanted, turned out perfect. Loads of features. Learned a lot already, seems pretty simple to use for have such extensive features.

[IMG]

Drilled the cross bar and tapped it. Cut the mount down...

[IMG]

lots of goodies to distract me from riding :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

Already found some trails i have been looking for and will track down this summer. Fun.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Used it yesterday, I feel like the information center. Man this thing keeps tons of cool info.

Customized bracket made a real clean and perfect position install...

[IMG]

Piles of interesting info...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Check out the temp history (seems to run cool)...

[IMG]

elevation...

[IMG]

EZ to transfer your ride info via the mini SD to the PC and check it out...

[IMG]

Fun stuff.
    JonXX, Captnemo and 454x like this.
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow, that is super cool.
  4. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I've never owned a GPS before, and have some basic questions maybe you can help me with.
    1. Should I mount it on my bike and go on an organized DS ride, will it accept Garmin routes?
    2. Is it hard to learn?
    3. Is it hard to wire-up?
    4. Did the bracket come with the GPS?
    5. What did you do to the bracket to fit it onto your bike?
  5. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

That thing is awesome! I run satnav in my van and use it as a heads up speedo. So do you get streetmaps on there too?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    1. Yep, will use all stadard formate and uses GPX files which works very well
    2. I did not think so, well laid out but there is lots od info. Good instructions. Download the manual and check it out here..
    http://www.trailtech.net/voyager_downloads.html
    3. Not really, you do need to wire it to the battery, cut the hose and install the temp sensor and some other stuff but you can just run it as is as well
    4. No there are two brackets. I modified mine to mount exactly where i wanted it. You will have to fiddle with it as there is so much stuff going on in the handlebar area.
    5. Cut the L part down and drilled some holes. Also drilled some holes and tapped them int he top clamp. Not that you have to do all that depending on what you want.

Not going to be super simple on any bike as there are a lot of variables on mounting it.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No but you can load them for free here (manual explains how)... http://www.openstreetmap.org/
    moto66 likes this.
  8. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Thanks for the detailed answers. The Voyager GPS looks like the most bike specific GPS I've seen. Looks really great.

I'm thinking of removing the stock Husky trip computer and installing it there. Maybe I can modify the trip computer bracket, maybe make a new one, we'll see.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The "triple clamp" bracket here should work perfect for that.

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Trailtech.htm

[IMG]
  10. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. Benny boy Husqvarna
    B Class

How do the mounting brackets go with the older huskies? eg 09 450 TXC?

This looks brilliant, might have buy myself an Easter present...
  12. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I want one
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the brackets are kinda universal. Like anything mounted up there it is going to take some creativity to mount it up[ where you want. I modified the mount and really like the position. the screen on this thing is some new tech and looks great in direct sun light.
  14. Seahorse Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Voyager comes stock with a basic mount which includes bar clamps suitable for 7/8" and 1-1/8" size bars. I originally dismissed this method, intending to going for a solid mount attached to the bar clamp similar to the type Kelly has shown in his pics.

Reasoning that I normally prefer to ride tight rainforest singletrack, comprising a reasonable amount of low hanging vines, trees and lantana, I figured it may be wiser to mount the voyager behind the bar pad using one of the stock mounts. The main advantage being that it would be easy to push the Voyager down closer to the tank if necessary....thus keeping it right out of harms way...avoiding scratching the screen and limiting the possiblity of "snagging" the joystick.

Voyager.png Voyager1.png Voyager3.png
  15. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Hey now?
    Has anyone ran this unit in tandem with the stock head unit. I mean parallel so they are both working off the front wheel etc. I would like to keep my original head unit on and running along with the Voyager running and recording off the wheel to.
    Kelly,
    Thanks again for a great deal and I am now reading up on the user/install manual. However, I think you said thats how you are running it on your TE511, no? As we talked, this unit is going on my 09 TE450 and when/if i get rid of the bike in the future I would like to keep the Voyager for my next bike purchase and be able to prove the bikes milage with the stock head unit.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Does this device have an hours meter on it ?

The manual makes reverence to these 2 items:

• Engine Acc. Run Time (this is an hours meter?)
    • GPS Acc. Run Time

Also, has anyone tried to mount this gps device in a vapor mounting device?
  17. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    PALMER84ONE likes this.
  18. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    I was thinking the same thing about having the right connector/pins and roll from there. I am going to make up a couple of test wires to see of it will work.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am running my GPS with the stock computer but realized i am not running the wheels sensor on the GPS just letting the GPS do it's thing.

The GPS and vapor/vector are different sizes and shapes so it will not work in the protector for those, you ahe to use the one they make for it.
  20. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Ok I looked into this JST connectors underwater/waterproof rated(good stuff) and somewhat propritary. The problem is the cost of the tools required to properly do the connections and the required quantities for purchasing.I guess what i'm saying is it's not cost effective.Sooo be as creative as you can, be that completely changing out the connectors themselves, or doing the find an old or new sensor cable with a good connector end and ......... oh well