GP Motorcycles open house festa this weekend

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Aug 25, 2009.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Great opportunity to check these out :thumbsup:

He is everywhere!
  3. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am going to try to get down there for a while. That is where I bought my bike from. Going to see if I can get a replacement kick stand and check out the new bikes. Anyone from North County want to ride down with me in my truck Saturday morning? Ken
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    very, very, good open house at GP Motos new location,
    mostly catered to the street rider scene but Scot brought the 2010 TE and TC 250s:thumbsup: for show and tell! Paul had some great Sumo machines on display plus a number of Italian/British/German classics as well as all the latest from Ducati and Aprilia, all nice stuff in the house

Both days were good and lots of really great items were raffled, from Vemar , Vanson , Brux,, Tee shirts, hats, swag, etc etc.
    GP made many new neighborhood friends while running dyno tests on Sunday!! Hope they post up photos, no cam with me. R
  5. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Robert...how "lite" did it feel compared to your TXC 450...you did pick it up, right?

David
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    d,

the thing was fueled and ready to ride (wet) it was on the bike stand, i grabbed the steering head area (and pinched my daggone finger doing it as the forks rolled over onto my hand) and reached over the seat for a grab spot (from the left side of bike.) and lifted her about 2-3 inched up off the stand without too much effort, I had lifted the bike dry at eicma but the front was clamped in. This time was very telling,,,that thing is X-Lite for sure,, I put it right with (very close) my kids 97 RM125,,,the imbedded graphics are fantastic and the fit and finish are just incredible,,,,MX lites here we come!! The TE model was fully OEM with all the do-dads attached,,,,,,Scot said that the (not there yet)TXC version is really amazing,,,he said they did the power up mod to it and that the FI feels spot on in all regimes and with the estart it is an effortless trail/enduro/xc machine.
    my 450 feels like a tank in comparison, and paired with my heft......man thats alot of weight comin down the trail! R
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    and you didn't take it for a ride :eek:

:D
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    they ran it (The TC)up and down the street, when no one was around. Paul said it has a real throaty sound like a 450
  9. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I went saturday am and was the only guy that paid attention to the dirt stuff, lots of street guys, like Robert mentioned. Had to work a double on Sunday, so spent time at the D-38 event. Got to do some first aid on LR after he took a header in one of his races.

That new 250 is great :applause: Paul said the same thing, ran it up and down the street a few times and said it ran good.

I think Dirt Bike online put a small test article up, with TC and TXC, before they go to Ty for R&R. Looks like I will be saving for a TXC. Paul and other's are saying about a month out for the new year models. Can't wait :applause:

Mitch.