Graffunder and Burson put Husqvarna on the podium

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Aug 19, 2009.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.off-road.com/dirtsports/...Article/detail/620001?contextCategoryId=46445

Graffunder and Burson put Husqvarna on the podium
    SHOOT OUT AT THE OK CORRAL

Publish date: Aug 18, 2009

August 18, 2009 - Woodcliff Lake, NJ -- The top racers of the EnduroCross series came into round #2 in Guthrie, Oklahoma, with guns blazing as Zip-Ty Racing Husqvarna's newly hired gun Cory Graffunder put the all-new TC250 onto the podium in a real shoot-out at the OK corral. Team Husqvarna teamster Nick Burson left town with a bag of cash as well as he ran away with the Dash For Cash at intermission of the 2009 GEICO EnduroCross presented by E3 Spark Plugs.

Actually Graffunder was a little slow on the draw, as the accomplished Canadian off-road racer was hosed with a dead last start. "I decided to sweep at the start, but a couple of riders fell in front of me and I had to hit the brakes." However the tough track proved to be a great equalizer and Graffunder continued to pick off the competition lap after lap. Cory worked his way up to second behind race winner Taddy Blazusiak before a slight bobble enabled former champ Damon Huffman to sneak by in the closing laps.

"I thought I had something for Taddy tonight," claimed the happy Husqvarna rider. "I couldn't believe I was in second... Of course once I realized it, I got jammed in the rocks and fell to 6th." However on the next lap two guys crashed, Cory jumped around them. "There was like an eight-bike freight train behind me! If I make a mistake, I was going to get run over. So I tried to keep the rubber side down and I rode it out until the checkered flag," he adds. "The bike is light... It felt like a 2-stroke with 4-stroke power - great EnduroCross power really made it possible to get through 'The Matrix' and the rock gardens."

[IMG]

Zip-Ty Husqvarna newly hired gun, Cory Graffunder, makes the most of his team debut. Fast Canadian cards a 3rd place finish. Chris Hultner photo.

[IMG]

Dash For Cash Shootout winner Nick Burson makes his podium debut. Ryan Sanders photo.

"The track was fast," admitted desert ace and USDRA #1 plate holder Nick Burson. "The Oklahoma arena is a lot bigger then all the other arena's that we race in. I like that because it means the track is faster which suits my style a lot better." He parked his usual Hare & Hound Husqvarna TXC510 in favor of the more agile TC250 for the EnduroCross. The move paid off. Despite some drama in the qualifiers, Burson won his first heat race of the evening to qualify for the Dash For Cash.

The Dash is a short three lap race held right before the main event. "I was excited for this race because it was my goal coming into this event to win this race. I got another great start and was leading," explains Burson. "It felt really good to be leading a race in front of such a big crowd!" The Oklahoma event played to a packed house of more than 5,000 fans. "I rode fast and smooth until the finish and took home the Victory! I finally felt that I rode up to my potential, not to mention I was excited because I got to go up on the podium and be interviewed by Jerry Bernardo."

Look for Team Husqvarna to being doing more interviews with Jerry Bernardo from the podium in Florence, South Carolina as Round #3 of the 2009 GEICO AMA EnduroCross is set for September 12th.
  2. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

Great press for the Husky and the new TC, I hope the magazines are friendly to the bike when they test it. If they sell enough TC250 they can get homologated for Supercross...
  3. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Uhmmm the bike would need to have red or orange plastics for that to happen ;)
  4. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Way to go Cory and Nick!:cheers: :applause:
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    for MX regs
    http://www.amadirectlink.com/rulebooks/2009/AMA_Racing_Rulebook09_MXVersion.pdf

for motocross regs see regs sec 1.2 para A sheet 10 just need to build 100 and get them into dealers throughout the country and of course do all the application between 15aug09 and mar10,,,hope it gets done (I am sure that is on the table now!!):thumbsup:

Supercross regs,, funny how they have a catch all, so even if it passes all the rules they (AMA and FIM) can still deny entry based upon their reasons for the sake of competition not to let it race.
    http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/SX 2009 Rulebook Final for web.pdf
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice going to the Zip Ty crew!

Congrats Corey and Nick. :cheers:
  7. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great job Zip Ty!:thumbsup: