Graffunder Takes WORCS Podium Again!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This is great stuff. Go husky. Looks like he is liking the new 449...

"Today was one of those races you are just happy to get behind you," Cory explained. "My Husky worked great, but the course was just a really long motocross track. There wasn't much off-road to it. My goal was to finish as strong as possible and salvage as many points as I could."

[IMG]
    starrblade likes this.
  2. DB AZ Husqvarna
    B Class

WORCS left out the Off-Road part of the World Off-Road Championship Series at Pala. I think that Sean and Ryan did the best they could with what they had, but this was full on Motocross. Our group called it Moto-Road since some rocky dirt roads and a rocky culvert was all they had to break up the moto track. With only seven Pro riders on the line, WORCS put the Pro2 class on the starting gate with the Pro's on Sunday. They used a Moto starting gate, not dead engine, and the pictures will look a lot better with more than seven guys going into the first turn. Cory would make up 10 to 15 seconds on Justin and Ivan in the rocks, but give it all back on the very fast and easy moto track. Why I am I saying easy, well I made it around the whole course on my 1981 Husky 250 WR and my buddy Mark raced his 1984 400 Husky to a 2nd place in the Evo class, but if he had raced the 50 plus class he would have placed 4th out of 12. They ran at the same time and Mark loved passing the "new" bikes. WORCS has two races left and if they race on an Off-Road course Cory will be the man to beat in Pro2, but if they run a moto-road race oh well. With round left, Cory is on the road to win the AMA West Hare Scrambles Championship. Going into the "Big Sky" race he has a 10 point lead and just needs a great finish to give Husky an AMA National Championship. The race date is August 26 in Montana and it is a true off-road event. Motocrosser's need not apply. DB in AZ see ya at the races. :banana:
    ray_ray and robertaccio like this.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Time for Cory to move up to the Pro Class and run for the overall
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I am very glad to have changed ideas and simply did a trail ride then a stint on the Marty Smith MX track rather than the original plan to do WORCS Pala.
    Thanks for the report DB, its always fun to pass modern bikes on the old stuff, especially the new bling rider bikes with all the go fast trick stuff on them.
    dbaz likes this.