1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Greased nipples

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dylandog, Feb 13, 2011.

1. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    :)hi guys,just need to know if the nipples on my cr linkage are a standard size,i want to pack them up but need to buy a grease gun and dont know anything about them,are they fit all type of thing or will i need to buy a gun and fit a adapter on the end?
    thanks cafe husky,hope your all having a blast today,steve
    p.s the tittle should read GREASED NIPPLES
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I change all my grease nipples over as l found them to be corroded to full of gunk so l just made sure the threads were the same (metric) and the nipples fit my grease gun.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Unlike the girl type ... these nipples should all be the same ... a little boring but U do get a chance to use a grease gun with these ...

Guns that use grease cartridges are a little easier to handle but U can buy a 5 GAL bucket of grease and a gun that can use loaded via a bucket...
  4. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone thought if adding nipples? Say for wheel bearings, steering head, swingarm, linkage
  5. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    I added a nipple to the steering head of my 02 cr250. After all the effort I put into changing the bearings last year, I decided that I didn't want to go through that again. The stock voltage rectifier had two bolts, the new one from moose had only one. A metric fitting screwed right in when the rectifier bolt had been. I'm going to pump it full of grease although it will probably add a pound to the bike. I guess I have to lose a pound.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Pull the steering head apart and wrap the tube with foam pipe insulation to take up the extra space so you don't have 2 pounds of grease up there.

this stuff int he right size to fit in there...

[IMG]
  7. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    thanks for advice,going to flea bay to find a gun,does any one know what size ml the nipples are?,im going to check cd rom for part numbers and price in case there knackerd,thanks
  8. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I added them to all the linkage & swingarm pivot bolt on my 07 TE. I did a 'how to' in the Husky Forum on TT in the sticky treads sections. There was a link to it from here somewhere.......
  9. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    mine has nipples on linkage already and its these i want to pack up with grease,no one has actually solved my question yet,the grease guns on e bay all look like there same size,dont the gun have to be same size as nipple or the grease isnt going to force through the nipple is it?i just dont want to buy a gun and find its useless for my bike,can anyone recommend the right make /size etc grease gun for husky cr125 linkage.
  10. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

To answer your question they make little grease guns that have a sharp point. You use the point to push the little ball in on the center of the nipple. That way the little gun can grease any fitting. I got mine from snap-on. And filled that sucka with belray. Sears has them. Astro mini 3oz grease gun
  12. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Very good idea
    We run up here in the wet and if you put grease nipples in your swingarm it will live for a very long time
    Do hit it with a shot of grease every ride to flush out water/dirt-all the grease nipples
    You can also put a fitting on the bottom shock mount-there is a good article on CH that shows where to put it
    Stuck a nipple in the back of the rear brake pedal also- let's you do some fast maintenance during a 2 day or wet event
    Last thing there are 2 kinds of grease-for sure any grease is better than none, but the type 2 grease is stickier
  13. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I always use marine grease for linkages if not HT bearing grease.
  14. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

All zerk grease fittings are a standard size. Go to any hardware or Auto parts store etc. and you can get a decent grease gun for not much cash. I suggest one with a pistol grip & flex hose.

Thread I did on adding zerks:
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661208
    Read whole thread for both shock pivot and swingarm pivot bolt.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'd like to set all mine up you have in that thread or something very similar ... Nice work and a very good posting ...