1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Grey/Beige gearbox oil

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello my friends! I was changing gearbox oil on my WR 300 today and the oil was light grey/beige. I can´t see anything wrong. The coolant water looks fine and the water level is just under the cooling cells in the radiator. I filled up and almost nothing got in. Engine runs fine and clutch and everything is working perfect. Do you think it just could be condensation, or could it be cooling water that is coming in? Can coolingwater come in to the gearbox? I haven´t checked in the engine manual how it´s constructed yet.

Johnny:sweden:
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Coolant can enter through water pump seal.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok. Is this a common problem on such a new bike? Around 70 hours on it now.
  4. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Not sure if that model has a crank case breather .. but if it does it could have taken in water tru it and into the trans case(water crossings and such.. but like Norm posted the Norm(pun intended) is thru the impeller seal.

Worst case drop the trans juice fill her up with some new fluid and see what happens after a ride..

Chow, Carl
  5. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, thanks! I changed the oil and took a short ride down the street, and the oil looks perfect, but we will see after a real woods ride. And yes, there is a crankcase breather hose.

Johnny
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If there is water in the oil it will look like a milkshake or a frothy mud.

My spectro gear lube comes out grey with aluminum particles from the clutch.