1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Grinding marks inside CR 125 cases?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by CagivaWMX, Nov 21, 2010.

1. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

I picked up a 08 CR 125 with only a few hours on it a few months ago. I still love riding a 125 and had a CR 125 and 250 in 2002.

Anyway before I did anything with this bike I sent the cylinder off to Eric Gorr for 144 work. This morning I went to install the cylinder and put the bike back together. I'm concerned about these strange die grinder marks on both sides of my inner cases.

Is this something that is normal from the factor from cleaning up casting marks? Did the bike have a breakdown? They are just mysterious...

Attached Files:

2. mikedbike2002 Husqvarna
    B Class

They look like someone slipped with a die grinder but it shouldn't have any affect on how the motor runs. I'd say nothing to worry about.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yep,

Pretty common, I am doing a resto on an 06 and it has the same markings. They won't hurt a thing but check down in bottom end to make sure it is clean. I can see where they were hitting some of the casting burrs with a die grinder and slipped from the factory.

Thanx!
  4. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks. I was just curious if anyone else had seen the same thing in other bikes. Someone must of had too much wine at lunch. I knew they wouldn't hurt anything and put the thing together today. I would just think they could do a lot better job cleaning up casting burrs and not take such rough chunks out of the metal.
  5. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like my die grinder work