1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc GSRJOSH' 93' WXC 360 questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gsrjosh, Mar 14, 2015.

1. gsrjosh Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 360 wxc
    As some of you know I have a 360 that was given to me and is my first bike. There are things on it of course that need a little fixing and some misc questions. Please provide links if you are referring to a product or informational page ( I like to read it all ).

1. Throttle housing and cable ( any good aftermarket options? )

2. Oil leaking at exhaust flange

3. Not sure how to tell if the chain and sprockets are good

4. Is there anything I can do to protect the bike when at sand dunes?

5. Do I sit on the gas tank on take off ? Jk ;-)

So far I have cleaned the carb its a 38 mm pwk jetted 40:1. I can start it now. I have a little trouble sometimes is there a trick I am missing ? Sounds good to, it reminded of a screaming banshee (not in reference to 4 wheeler but an actual banshee).

A little about myself. I am 35 in April I weigh in at 200 lbs and I'm 5'10" so hopefully I won't Get bucked off easy heh :O . I am a mechanic since I was 13 as a hobby, so I can fix anything pretty much. I use to street race and track in high strung 4 cylinder cars and an ocassional 750+ HP inline 6. I respect power big time. Dirt bikes are new to me but quickly figuring them out.

P.S.

Don't worry Troy I will make sure I got an extra pair of pants in case when I take it out my first time :D . I aint skeered
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    i have the same bike
    get used to it before you go crazy
    the OEM throttle should have been a Domino, it's a Magura product and they work fine
    the oil leak at the exhaust flange is where the power valve cover oozes, pull the cover and clean inside
    on the chain the best two checks are grab the chain in the middle of the rear sprocket and see how much it pulls away (assuming its adjusted correctly) it should pull out less than .100 in good shape if you can expose 1/2 a tooth it's long gone, look at the sprocket on the drive side (where the chain pulls) should look similar to the other if the teeth seem worn look to replace, 3rd side to side play, anything past 1/2 inch each way is pretty much worn
    sit on the tank, funny
    starting: the best explanation is cold the starter helper is NOT a choke
    cold, turn on fuel, gear up, pull starter aid up, NO THROTTLE, kick VERY slowly twice, kick it like you mean it, works every time on mine
    hot, crack throttle one or two kicks if the carb is set correctly, look at the air screw adjustment, it should be set warm at idle but needs to be in range (1 1/2 turns out approximately) or you pilot jet might be off
    they came from the factory pretty well equipped stock, except the OEM pipe, which yours is corrected
    juicypips likes this.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i also like to orange rtv seal my header to the cylinder to help seal. there should be an o-ring on the pipe itself to help seal as well, check to see if its torn or flat. the pv cover is right above there so thats probably not helping..
    2 strokes and hooskies are very simple, but there is a zen to working on them and understanding them..it will take time but you will get it..jetting too. alot of jetting is testing and learning the traits of a 2 stroke, what they like and what they do...ask away, theres some good guys here and theres also some guys here that know 360 bikes. they are unique, thats for sure.. great motor tho, not just for pure power but it has a very flexible powerband that works in many different terrains.
  4. gsrjosh Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 360 wxc

I was thinking of getting a rk gold xring chain. What size is best I get mixed results checking multiple vendors? 520 112 is what Regina says. Any recommendations on sprockets?
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    lifetime warranty supersprox from brap offroad can't beat it for the price just click on them Marty is a site sponsor :thumbsup:
  6. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes the 520 112 link is correct, i prefer the O-ring or as some manufactures list X-ring, you will need to take out a few links so buy a tool or use a grinder (carefully), interesting on the sprockets troydeck, where is the link for that
  7. gsrjosh Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 360 wxc
  8. gsrjosh Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 360 wxc
    What do you guys think about the g2 throttle tamer?
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i hear its purdy sweet never needed one think id try a FFW first
  10. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    my 360 had a domino throttle and i now have an early nineties magura throttle that is a lil slower and its perfect for me..i also use the a small flywheel weight for woods action and the power is still there, just a bit softer. sorry my brain is a bit off tonight cant remember the turn ratios but the domino+360=frustration in the woods...the slightly slower twist helped alot, can you show a pic of your throttle by chance?
    the flywheel weight has much less of an effect in my opinion..the throttle is a very valuable tuning tool however i believe. the weight makes the 360 feel less impressive but i really believe it makes the bike faster, as it equals much less spinning ive noticed until the valve opens. at that point its hard to keep the bike from churning large amounts of earth.

the swede huskies have a veeery slow throttle, like 110 degrees slow. i think the domino is 60 degree and the magura (which is my favorite and has two ratios built into the tube) is 68 and 80... its been awhile. heres the magura. i run them on all my stuff, speed the ol swedes up a bit and slow the newer ones down a tad. much cheaper than the g2... Photo323.jpg
    2premo likes this.
  11. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    like your grip choice, i use the soft compound too
    throttle is the same as my 93, was it also stock on your 95

IMG_6627.JPG
  12. gsrjosh Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 360 wxc
    My concern is the groove in the housing I am thinking it will be fine. My throttle tube only has one place to put the cable. I know its dirty :D it will be cleaned.

Attached Files:

13. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    not sure what my 95 had stock, but it had a modern fast turn domino and when coupled with the stock pipe and a powervalve adjusted shut, it was difficult to ride! EXPLOSIVE bottom, okay mid, zero top. my arms would kill me in a few minutes. i wasnt sure if i would keep the bike, but its quite different now overall. people really bag the magura duo 312 throttle but i like them, very well built, solid and smoooth. the dual twist rate is icing on the cake..the enduro (slower of the two) is perfect for me. i use it on all my swedes and my 95.
    i always use the renthal full diamond on everything, but i use mediums. i use the hard street version on the zrx.
  14. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    looks like you have a gunnar gasser clone, probably motion pro model. the wear you see shouldnt be a problem, long as your throttle action is very smooth. clean everything well and and use a very small amount of thin grease where the cable rides the cam or rubs anything. i wouldnt grease anything else and run the throttle mostly dry. the husky manual states to use thin motor oil where the throttle tube rubs the handle bar. a beginner would benefit from a slow turn rate throttle. the original "gunnar gasser' that all swedes had late 70s-late 80s would be ideal, i wonder if yours is like that. you can mark your throttle and figure out how far it is from closed to full throttle it is. 60 degrees is motocross, up to over 100 degrees for enduros or streetbikes. i like 80 degrees, its enough you dont have to regrip the throttle for full application but isnt touchy. the 360 is an excellent at half throttle wheelies