Guba to TopTop

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, May 30, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    ~20 riders today ... We left from Guba and ended up over at the Transcentral Hiway again ... different trials with more big hills today ...

Starts out flat....
    GEDC0413.JPG

I got up the hill towards the front of the pack so I can get some pics ...
    GEDC0415.JPG

First small climb... with 20 riders, its gonna take a while.... First_Hill.jpg

Opposite side of the small ridge we are sitting on ...
    GEDC0425.JPG

Riders staging for the climb GEDC0439.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plenty of parking on this ridge ...
    GEDC0446.JPG

This ridge was a cool climb but only about a foot wide along most of the way ... Slide off and you'll be fully aware of the weight of your bike here. RidgeLineUp.jpg

Parking was a little more crowded here on this ridge.
    GEDC0453.JPG

We hit the hardtop again... GEDC0478.JPG

Back to the hills ... Not sure how they are doing this farming but it is most likely by hand or Carabao GEDC0484.JPG
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    GEDC0485.JPG

We stay at this hill for ~45 minutes watching all the different riders trying to climb up the final test hill... GEDC0520.JPG

This is looking back east towards the Pacific Ocean from the next hilltop over from the final test hill..
    GEDC0523.JPG

Narrow ridge top we parked on and watched the other riders coming over .. GEDC0528.JPG

These guys were waving the riders behind us to come across the small valley and up the to the ridge top ... GEDC0530.JPG
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    They finally came over but they took their time just playing around, up and down on that hill... With this many riders, lots of BSing is gonna happen along the way ... ;) GEDC0531.JPG

This is the only pic I got of the downhill and it was long a somewhat gnarly and very cool... GEDC0535.JPG
  5. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

look like a pretty sweet ride you guys had
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It was pretty cool ... I left alot out as I don't stop at all the cool places and take pics ... There are many fast places that we just blast across ....
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  7. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for sharing... the PI looks like a really cool place to ride...
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep and no hassles ... I really need a helmet cam to show more of the scenery on each ride...
  9. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Amazing, the farmers don't mind you riding between their fields? Do that around here and you'd have a SWAT Team after you
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

they probably dont have to worry about bs liable lawsuits from the people riding on their property lol
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No lawsuits waiting to happen here ... we keep off the plants as much as possible and everyone goes about their business ... The farmers are expecting us I think and if we do happen to do any damage, someone will hand over 20-30 pesos to show good will ... Many times the farmers will not accept any thing from us as they just don't see it as too big a deal or just figure we are just crazy riders anyway ... They are always pretty helpful with directions and move their livestock as needed when we pass ...

Look at the tree in the background in the pic ... This is what happens many times .. The guys I'm riding with know the locals and they might climb a tree to get fresh coconuts for the us to drink ... Every time I drink this stuff and eat the coconut meat, I'm full of energy and ready to go ...

Attached Files:

12. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    That's Nuts!
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep and nuts seems to be the norm here each day as far as I can tell ...

The tree climbing starts early here apparently... This hard-charger I think pissed his mom off by going up the tree ... I was watching this guy and the real work starts once you get up the tree and then you gotta find a coconut that is full of juice ....

100_1330.JPG

100_1331.JPG

100_1332.JPG
  14. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i think i heard on the survivorman show that you can survive on one coconut a day...problem would be gettin my butt up the tree to get em lol
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    very very nice, now that is a DS ride