1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc had quite the weekend

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Nov 19, 2012.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

took thursday off in hopes of servicing the WR and going to a mountain bike ride.

then i washed the bike and found both front mototr mounts broken. yippy! pull the motor and take the bike to the weld shop. friday put bike together and service make a couple other small repairs.

ride saturday went good. other then my jetting is a mile off (suprise). when loading up i did notice my seat was a bit off but didnt think much of it.

sunday deside to go for a short ride. pull seat off to put it back in place and found the tank hold down bolt broken off in the frame. no worries. go ride for about 3/4 mile and rip off my brake pedal. road the rest of the day with the front brake. hoping i can get a new pedal for this weekends race.
    utopia likes this.
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Sounds like one of my weekends. :D
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey they say bad things happen in 3's so your bike will never ever have a problem again ;)..... jk Sounds like my luck sometimes; hope you get it all fixed up.
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Ouch! I would have been cussing up a storm! ....and drinking heavily
  6. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i had a beer last night while drilling the bolt out. dropped the brake pedal off at the weld shop today, im hoping i dont need to use it and i can pick a new one up on my way down to a race this weekend.

anyone from southern MO have a spare that i could buy? im going to the ozark 100 miler near elkhead.
  7. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

More info on that race. Sounds interesting.
  8. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

google search ozark 100 miler. youll find what your after.
  9. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

I googled it, but didn't come up with that flyer. It also comes up with an actual RUN, which I definitely don't want to do.

lankydoug, thanks for the link. Interesting, love to go try it, unsure whether I could get to do the second lap in time. I think I was looking for anyone that had prior experience running it and their take on it. Are you going?
  10. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

wellllllllllllllllllll..................

ordered a new lever/pedal from halls. of course ups had a bunch of fog to deal with. blablabla i still dont have a new brake pedal and last i checked they stopped in louisville KY on their way from springfield to des moines.

good news is i got the broken pedal welded back into 1 peice. now im just hoping it lasts a hundered+ mile weekend for me.

sounds like lankydougs got a nice weekend planned out as well, if you have anymore room for house guests let me know! :D
  11. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

they have some really cool video of pre-riding the course in the forum.

if you make it down im on a husky 300 and my buddy is on a 250xc ktm. we will be the guys with iowa plates, black super duty quad cab, topper and single axle enclosed trailer!
    lankydoug likes this.
  12. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

well made the 7 hour drive down. rode chadwich friday for about 50 miles. brake lever held up fine!

got signed up for the race that night and went to the hotel room & crashed.

woke up and went to the track, fire the bike up and do a practice run on the start and the bike dies. push the heavy turd back to the trailer and begin ripping things off of the bike to find whats going on. turns out no spark. traced it down to either the stator or the coil.

i will say the wayne down at LBC was very helpful and was able to give me some numbers to check for so i can diagnose between the two.

so the saga continues. wish this bike was reliable but its not proving to be at all.
  13. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it.
  14. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

my brake pedal got here just now! glad i paid $40 extra to get it last Wednesday!