HairlessKitty's first ST.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by XLEnduroMan, Aug 9, 2009.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Yesterday Becky and I ride from the house up to the hills. I wanted to show her what ST is all about. We hit a short section I have rode that I knew wasn't technical. I then connected to another trail that looked pretty tame. I was staying away from the rough stuff for her benefit. That nice trail had to go and get twisty on an uphill with rocks and roots. Well I heard her disgust from up at the top of the hill. I had to walk back down and remind her she has a world class ST bike and she needs to use all the controls and not just the throttle to clear stuff. Clutch slipping in the nasties is new to her as she has never had to on 2track and dirt roads. After that 1 section we rode a few more miles of some nicer trails and she was much happier. I think we will need to truck there next time. We were already 20 or so miles from the last gas, (60 or so from the house) the 70 mile fuel range is not so good.

My 510 did good, her 250 is clearly the better choice for the trails. Maybe a 2011 xlite TE 250 in the future?

Only took 1 pic of the ride though. :doh: It is a good one of her at a spring crossing. [IMG]
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Glad she seems to like the singletrack.:thumbsup: It's some of my favorite stuff as long as we're not talking about "black diamond" level.:D

You guys have some pretty trails up there.
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Great report and pic.(if only one) Glad she had a great ride. Always best to stay on the ST trails including board walks, or you'll end up like this.
    Pretty embarrassing. :lol::lol:
    :cheers:

[IMG]
  4. PhilM Husqvarna

We are lucky that our better halves ride with us. I think that mine rides the super duper rocky junk better than i do:applause:
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Ooh...if you're riding from your house in Chico then I bet you're getting to the good stuff! I've ridden with a friend of mine that lives there and there is some super-tasty single track there! Real single track, too, not like the blown-out stuff at Stonyford or Middle Creek :thumbsup:

Glad to see Becky is having a good time and enjoying her 250 :applause: A little more saddle time and she'll get the hang of the smaller motor, for sure.

WoodsChick
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Yes, we truly are. I can't imagine how different my life would be if my better half wasn't a rider.

Eric is much faster than I am, but he says he just bashes his way through stuff and that I am technically a much better rider. I don't know about that...:)

WoodsChick