Hammer Down 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by SanDHusky, Mar 20, 2010.

1. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Just got back from the annual Hammer Down benefit ride held in Rancho Santa Veronica (east of Tecate) Mex. The proceeds go to help the local school kids in the area. Since its inception, the BF has purchased a transpo van to take kids to and from school, school supplies, clothing etc. The last couple years, they have been giving kids scholorships to help them pay for school. I think a couple of them are now even college age and they recieve money to get a higher education. Its incentive based, so good grades = money, really good grades = more money. Its all verified thru their schools for their respective grades. Excellent program , keeping these kids in school and helping with higher education when the time comes. :thumbsup:

The trial ride was an easy 65 miles :lol::lol::lol::lol: of A/AA single track in the hills east of Tecate Mex....Lunch served at the halfway point, then a harder PM ride back to the rancho and an all you can eat carne asada fest, with all the beverages you can drink :applause:

There were approximately 85 participants, with some notables being LR, Grant Palenske, Don Emler and Danny Laporte, to name a few. Some other industry heads also there as well. This is a poker run type event, so you partner up with someone and turn turn your cards in at the end for a chance to win cool swag like FMF exhausts, Vemar helmets, some high end boots, etc. There were 3 Husky's there; Rob N. A guy from San Fran (Sorry forgot his name and his CH name) and myself.

Well, the 250 TXC continues to shine and outperform.....I reset the efi to 107/112/110 and she really runs much cleaner now. Still a little bog down low, but the hard corner braking flameouts I was experiencing have gone away...Long uphills were no problem, rocks, ruts, more rocks, it just blazes thru that stuff. Still have stock skidplate on it, but this bike sits taller, so it hardly bottoms...I was watching carnage from hondas, ktm's yamis, just killing their skidplates :lol::lol::lol: suckers

heck, my rad. fan didnt even kick on...I could smell ktms a mile away with overheating coolant and fans running so hard, I thought they were jet engines :eek::eek:

The only sad part is that my bike did not come home with me :D

Dont worry, all is good :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: We will soon have something good to add to our 2010 Husky TXC/TE 250's....

This R&D will also hopefully address 2 issues (what all us 2010 250 efi guys talk about on here). So please be patient and soon we will have the cure....;);)

Mitch. Sorry got long winded, :lol::lol::lol:
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    hey ,man this ride is supposed to be the best kept secret.....name dropper,,,,oh yea Mr Sun was there too.
    the 08 TXC450 also does it again all loops finished but man a bunch more scrapes on the baby and got lucky with a front flat within a few miles of the finish, and me nothing more than my usual every weekend forearm bushwack scrapes and manzanita smashed index finger (the nail will fall off) at least 85% moist under dry top and lots more mud/water crossings than ever that i can remember. A brilliant ride and cash out to good cause. now that the cat's outta the bag thats my report
    Oh yeah I watched Baja racer Ron W chase a big hairy feral pig sow and piglets into the bushes, but i cant say i actually saw the hog so who knows what the heck Ron was chasing!!
  4. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Well, we definately need the PNW crew down here next year for this event....Come on down fellas, bring you significant others, make a weekend out of it. Everyone is welcome to stay at my casa and we'll take care of everyone once your down here....No one will go hungry or thirsty :D

Bring those ring dingy 125's, 250f etc.

We need you guys to see that So Cal is not just WFO dez...You will be amazed at the amount of water out there in those hills and the never ending rocks :lol::lol::lol:

Plus, were so outnumbered down here by those damn ktm's...We need to put a smackdown on those fellas :busted::busted:

So come on PNW crew and all CH single track riders, mark it on your calenders for 2011....

:cheers:

Mitch.

p.s. I even saw a Canuck on the ride (flying the Can. flag proudly on his chest protector he was)...
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    fotos are great so far but will ask if ok to post them first.
    BN /LB crew are a tough crowd.
  6. THUMBSTART Husqvarna
    AA Class

Another great trail ride. Nice to see two other Husky riders.
    Always look forward to this ride. Trail was "sporting", conditions were great, bike was fine, body was ok.
    Tim from SF
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    added foto link. see above

and yes, you can see that 2 husky 450s one TC and one TXC screwed up that one rock climb..(thumbstart,robertaccio).but we did both recover nicely (??) kind of....

excuse for me....muddy/wet tires from that little weird angle dip before the climb......no room for excuses just git er done!!
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

Man I am jealous, looks like a great ride.
  11. THUMBSTART Husqvarna
    AA Class

Robert,

Great shots and video.
    Very very hard to do this ride justice with a camera.
    Glad your trip went well.
    I am already working on wifey for the Tecate Enduro.

Tim
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    see added in notes
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    note to all in the cafe, there really are 2 very different Baja's, there is the tecate Enduro/tecate HS/technical rides see above and there are the Open spaces, super free, point to point, long distance rides Baja. Both are amazing!! And both are worth the time to do!!
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It got more entertaining about 6:30 :D

And it shows one of the reasons I like a lower bike, so I can reach down in those types of situations and find something to step on. :doh:
  15. StrokerJr Husqvarna
    C Class

Mitch, Thanks for letting me give your bike a test ride after the Hammerdown. Awesome ride. JH :thumbsup:
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    without looking at 6:30 I would say that is the box canyon loop out move,, we coined it a backflip! if so that is our token Frenchman and like his countryman namesake Cyril he is vertically challenged. (maybe 5.6,5.7??) and has a shaved down to nothing seat on his YZ250. and really should include some sort of flywheel weight to tame the hit a bit on that thing!! He is an amazing athlete and loves the toughest of challenges, I have mucho respect for his tenacity and physical ability to deal with ugly terrain and keep on smiling.:thumbsup: