Hard Enduro report from Costa Rica!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Alberto, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Just wanted to share with you some pictures of some of my rides on the Costa Rican mountains.. enduro2.jpg Enduro1.jpg Enduro3.jpg enduro5.jpg
    dteml, Centerline, fredd and 5 others like this.
  2. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Thanks for sharing,the jungle would be an awesome place to ride,aslong as you dont get lost!
    Alberto likes this.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hey mate being greedy here but any danger of a few more photos. That place looks bloody brilliant
    Centerline, ray_ray and Alberto like this.
  4. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Hold on until I can take more photos.. this was an easy route LOL. We have here lots of river crossings, muddy and rocky terrains. For all tastes
    Centerline likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looking great (and a little familiar) in those pics!!
    I'll have to go to google earth and check out your terrain .. Any clues on your ~location?

--

Makes you wonder just who built that place :)
  6. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I dont think the details are on google earth, because we are in a very little town in Costa Rica, Central America. The places have its own nicknames but they are not the official names LOL. You can try "Puriscal, San Jose, Costa Rica" or Santa Ana, San Jose, Costa Rica..
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was just curious about the overall terrain features and such ... No real job for me so I spend alot of time riding or looking at maps and land features for riding across just to pass the time ... CostaRica is little off my radar now so it does sound interesting, proven by your pics of the riding there ...

Is this your area? Looks pretty cool here with all the high lands and lakes..
    costaRica.jpg
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    OK Holding on
    Alberto likes this.
  9. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

My place is more to the southwest of the map, on the central valley, but we have for all tastes, rivers, jungle, mud(lots of mud), some rocky terrain, elevations, downhills, etc

https://www.google.com/maps/@9.9398317,-84.0812165,224703m/data=!3m1!1e3
    Centerline likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I hear ya on the different land-terrain types ... PH is probably a scaled down version of the land mass and features you have there in CR ...

You get any spew from this Turrialba event?
    [IMG]
    Centerline likes this.
  11. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Huh, I dont think so, PH is bigger and more interesting place.. I have to go there on a enduro ride.. I have a couple of colleagues there from the company I work for and they have sent me pics and looks soooo nice I'd love to be there. We are similar wheathers and cultures, so, Im sure i will feel like I am at home :-)

About the Turrialba Volcano, there are some places with ash on the roofs, but more in the places nearby, as I live on the west side, I was not affected, but thanks for asking buddy. In fact, there is a route to the Turrialba, that is about two days going and getting down.. it my next goal, to complete it in a near future. Search in youtube for "Enduro Volcan turrialba"
    Centerline likes this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That's some cool looking video out there ... Looked like some of the riding was in some lahars maybe ... Lots of black dirt and tree trunks and rocks all in a big deep raven ...

There was another VID where it looked like there was plenty of loamy dirt ... Cebu has very little of that and means ~no dust but also gets rock hard pretty quick sometimes... I didn't see any banana or coconut trees in the VIDS... This place is full of them.. I did see an ITL Husky on one of the VIDS also ...

--
    I'm mostly on Cebu now but if you add in Luzon up north and the southern big island, there is a lot of land mass here... Lots of good people all over the provinces when riding out there. Lots of poverty here also... Could be culture shock for some ... Most of the foreigners who have been around the Pacific say this nation is well behind its neighbors in alot of ways... You guys have an All Souls All Saints Day?

I'd let that volcano simmer awhile before I got too close ...
    Alberto likes this.
  13. fredd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 kx 450f
    Other Motorcycles:
    1995 chopper
    Centerline and Alberto like this.
  14. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Thanks buddy, you are welcome to come here whenever you want and I'll take you on tour
  15. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

I understand what you say, we have poverty too, its a shame because there are lots of good people but lack of oportunities can lead to it. We dont have all souls all saints day. we just celebrate halloween, but not as much as USA does :-)
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Resources have a lot to say about how prosperous a nation can be ... after that I guess it is the import \ export business as a solution to increasing the wealth of your region. This place needs more opportunities for sure and maybe better management for what they do have by the GOV. Currently it's make-your-own-opportunity. These guys are very good at that ... It's their life.

The nation here pretty much stops to go to the cemetery on All Souls Day ... My GF got a day off work :)
  17. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Fantastic ride pics of Costa Rica. Spent a lot of time there, but mostly San Jose to Volcan Arenal and west to Pacific coast.
    What a peaceful, stable country. Never got a chance to do any motorcycling tho.
  18. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

Thanks for your kind words, you are welcome to come back whenever you want, and if you do so.. just let me know and I will arrange an enduro day(or two) for you
  19. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Alberto, thank you! I will take you up on that should I be venturing back to Costa Rica in coming months.
    Alberto likes this.
  20. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

That would be great! just let me know