Hard starting 2010 Te 450

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Andy H, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Andy H Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley Davidson,Triumph,Honda,
    Hi,
    I just spent my first day at a very Muddy Chappel Enduro track,
    I had a great time ,apart from the difficulties I had getting my bike going again after stalling it or dropping it.
    The starter,just whirrs over ,sometimes it'll fire up in a flash ,other times it gets embarassing,especially when I know I'm holding other guys up.

I noticed on initial start up that a code (possibly and error code ) is displayed on the dash.
    When it fails to start, the word FAIL helpfully comes up.

Does anyone else have experience of this and does anyone know how i can get to understand what this code means ?

Thanks in Advance

Andy
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I'll have had my 2010 3 years next month and I still don't know why or what FAIL represents, I just cleared one recently, but I've bnever had a FAIL show up after a fall.

You say "The starter,just whirrs over ,sometimes it'll fire up in a flash", does that means the starter is not turning the engine and the starter is just whirring or is the engine actively being cranked by the starter?
  3. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    The FAIL and SEL1 SEL 2 should come up every time you start the bike. It is just a cycle it goes through. If FAIL continually displays then there is a fault that has been stored. I found the best way my bike starts is to hold in the decompression lever fully and let the starter spin the engine quickly and slowly release the decompression lever.
    268fords, BILLF and duggoey like this.
  4. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    My buddy's txc 250, was having cold starting trouble, it would just crank and crank till we had to bump start it. turn out it was temperature sensor plug. It bolts into the head, take literally 5min to change, and boom bike fired right up. Matbe this can help you as well. Good Luck, Jim
  5. cowboy86 Husqvarna
    A Class

yep.. temp sensor
  6. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    WE had a batch of 2010 Te450s that did that ,try holding the throttle wide open while cranking then release let it snap shut while continue to keep it cranking 9 times out of ten it will start if it does it has a bad auto decomp cam ,replace it with updated one now and it will start great.