Have you tried this?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by spud1968, Apr 26, 2013.

1. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Not sure where to buy in the USA? Their store locator does not seem to be responding..
  3. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I used to use this on my TTR-600 back in the day, It was a nightmare to start. From memory it's just ethanol in an aeresol can, works great in orange cannons too! Put some ethanol in a spray bottle and mist it in the air box, has the same affect. Just watch for backfires, I saw some interesting things with that bike, my eyebrows still havnt grown back properly!
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Starting fluid is a common starting aid product that contains 20% or more of ether in the US and is called starting fluid, not "start you Bastard" or whatever...:)
    Found in big grocery and hardware stores etc. Great help if not used in excess especially on high compression engines, because you can do damage .
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Haha....reminds me of the time a friend of mine was rebuilding a POS diesel engine in a Cadillac. He couldn't get it to start, so he took a can of starting fluid and sprayed just a tiny bit into the air cleaner. The car started, so he slammed the hood. Unfortunately the can of starting fluid was still on top of something in the engine compartment area, not far from the air cleaner intake. It got tipped, crushed and ruptured, also jamming the hood and making it hard to get opened again. You probably know what happened to the motor.:censored::cry:
    huskybear likes this.
  6. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Not that good for the rubber components like the intake boot. Also eats the oil on your filter and then when you start the bike it sucks in the dirty residue coming off the filter.
  7. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    I use it a lot, its great, but only on my clapped out paddock bomb and an old David Brown tractor. I wouldn't use it on a new engine or any of my bikes.
    duggoey likes this.