1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc head bearings

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by spud1968, Oct 6, 2012.

1. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Im in the process of replacing mine on a 2009 wr 125. The lower yoke bearing ive the bearing then a dirt seal cover. Should i have a spacer washer between the bottom of the stem and the dirt seal cover?
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am unclear on which bearings you are talking about. Could you elaborate on exactly what bearing?
  3. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    would not worry about it i made one for my gasgas but is less than useful, just use a marine grease and slightly overtighten the stem to stop movement without input.
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Yes, I believe there is a spacer washer on my 09 wr165. You talking about it sitting right on top of the lower tripples, and under the dust seal?
  5. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

WSorry guys for the confusion. The bearing im talking about is one of the head race bearing located on the bottom yoke. There is also another bearing located on the top yoke so when buying a new head race bearing kit i would have two bearings and cups. The cups fit directly onto the frame with the metal bar stem passing through the both bearings and these bearings are used when turning your handbars left and right.

So, ive removed the yokes from the bike. The bottom bearing is fitted on the stem and is used to turn the heandlbars left and rigt which in turn is press fitted into the bottom yoke stem, which the forks are held onto the bike with. So working from the bottom yoke i have the yoke stem then a dust seal then the bearing press fitted onto the stem. THe yokes are made from alloy and the stem is steel which goes up through the frame head stock.......do you now which bearing/s im talking about?......god help me if youu dont...lol

The bottom head race bearing was assembled as follows: 1) spacer 2)dirt dust cover seal 3)bearing 4)bearing cup?
  6. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    sorry got what you mean now, yes put the spacer in otherwise you may have clearance issues between the yoke and frame.