1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Headlight and speedo install on a WR 300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by redbone, Oct 17, 2009.

1. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any body know how to do this? Looked at the owners manual and it had a wiring diagram, but its greek to me! Also wondering what type of hand guard solutions other owners found? What fits the best and so forth? Do you have to drill the stock bar ends to install? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know I had to drill out the stock bars for my CYCRA barkbusters on my 2009 TXC250
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I skipped installing the stock headlight and bought a TrailTech X2 and made my own wiring harness as I didn't want the speedo/odo.

I have Cycra pro bends on my 09' 300 and they bolted right on. No drilling here
  4. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

PC did you keep the stock handle bars? If so, is there a special insert that will fit that doesn't require drilling the end of the bars out?
  5. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I bought a TrailTech Extreme Race HID. I hope the stator has enough to power it. This is the one with three 30 watt bulbs, but will drop to 60% power if the full 90 watts isn't available. I ditched the stock computer for the TrailTech Vector (the one w/o the tach).

I am using Renthal bars with a Carmichael bend and I didn't have to drill them to use the HDB guards.
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Yeah, stock bars.

I did buy some threaded bar-end inserts from BRP, but they stock Cycra mounting solution would have worked also.