Helmet Cam Footage from Baja

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by BCVisin, Apr 22, 2010.

1. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am taking all my helmet cam footage and cutting together a 10 minute video for each day of our Campo 2 Cabo trip. It's a long process as I have over 3 hours of video each day, so be patient I will try to get the other days cut together as soon as I can. I hope you all enjoy this. It's just a taste of what we experienced on our trip!

[YOUTUBE]Vx2tYz0DqO0[/YOUTUBE]

If you want more info about the trip check out this thread (http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9365)

Thanks,
    Blake
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very nice! How's your bike?
  3. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just talked to George. It was the main bearings seal and he just got replacements in yesterday. He is pretty slammed right now with other customer's who need their bikes for upcoming rides, and on top of that he is racing the Vintage Mexican 1000 in a car next week. He told me he may be able to get it back to me before he leaves on Tuesday next week, but I told him not to worry about it as I don't have any rides planned till late May.

Next video installment coming tonight! I got so much positive feedback from the first one, I am going to try and get the next one cut and up tonight.

-Blake
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Awesome video!
    And great quality. Is that the Contour cam?

I'll be down there in Nov. for the 1000 :banana:
  5. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, this is the GoPro HD. It's worked really well. I shot everything in 720p and that's what I have edited, saved, and uploaded it as. Quality is GREAT as far as I am concerned.

So here is the next video. This was probably the hardest day of video to cut because there was so much AWESOME footage. I took the best moments and hope it portrays the days riding well. I am having fun going through all the video and reliving the experience. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I do.

[YOUTUBE]2K7kB4nqMlg[/YOUTUBE]
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I only asked if it was the Contour cause you have it side mounted on your helmet. Never seen a GP mounted like that before.

Nice stuff :thumbsup:
  7. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ya, I like it better than on the top because you see what I see at eye level. Some say it puts the helmet unbalanced, but to be honest I don't really notice it.

-Blake
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    nice job Blake!! and no dust on day 1
  9. bajahusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

great footage!!:thumbsup:
  10. Trdollarhyde Husqvarna
    B Class

Both days look great! But how did you make it that far with the standard Husky gas tank?! Also, What happened to the guy's legs?
  11. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Good job. Nice clean video. GoPro HD seems to be the ticket.
    Can't wait for pt. 3.:popcorn:
  12. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't have the stock tank, I have a 4 gal IMS. We also carried bleach bottles full of gas for the longer stretches, and met the chase truck at the road crossings and my dad gave us gas. Also whenever we could find a gas station, we filled up.

The guy's (Mike's) foot got twisted and broken in 3 places. He had surgery on it and it is healing well. Im not sure how he rode on that ankle for 3 more days, but what can I say, he's obviously a real man.

Day 3 coming soon!

-Blake
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Should be S.O. P. to put a CH or Uptite Sticker in the book when you sign!
  14. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

Top notch stuff. Like it. :)