1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Help/advice needed: '92 WR 360

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Scribe, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Scribe Husqvarna
    C Class

Greetings fellow Husky enthusiasts!

I recently bought a '92 WR 360 that didn't run with the intent of making it do so. It looks like a super fun bike, and I've read good things about them, but this one isn't running anytime soon. The case has issues, and so does the spare one it came with. It doesn't look like you can just run out and pick up a good used 360 left side case, so I'm kind of stuck. Any advice on where to find such a thing would be appreciated. Should I even bother with this bike or just part it out?

Thanks!
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Are you looking for the left side center case or the clutch cover case?
  3. Scribe Husqvarna
    C Class

The left side center case. Or a whole engine, I suppose. Is it true that I can swap out a 250 cc engine from the same era in this bike?
  4. Scribe Husqvarna
    C Class

Anyone know if a case from a '99 WR 250 is swappable with the guts of a 92 WR 360? It looks like the power valve set up is completely different but I have the valve and cylinder from the 360.
  5. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Ive got a 92 and the barrel is also different from the others with the Expansion chamber fitting over the outlet instead of into the head.

Power valve is completely different and also rides different from 93 onwards. Much more hit up top and a less linear power delivery stock.

I have a PWK airstriker that I am setting up at the moment.

What country are you in?

Stu
  6. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    I would check these guys out in France I think.

If anyone has one or can get one it will be these guys.

They reply in english and I have bought stuff off them too with reliable responses and good shipping time.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/FOURGEAUD...d=505857963&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=2

Stu
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    two different motors mate... radiator and rolling chassis are all interchangeable
  8. Scribe Husqvarna
    C Class

Icebergstu: I'm in the US
    ohmygewd: Aren't the 250s and 360s interchangable from certain years? If I could find a '92 250 case, for example, I could use that as a replacement for my 360, no?
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Sorry bloke, you are right, the 92's are pretty much interchangable aside from a few things like the powervalve assembly etc. - search for the parts catalog for this year.