1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Help finding voltage regulator

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by matt123, May 28, 2016.

1. matt123 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 wr250
    Hi everyone. Does anyone know where I can find a voltage regulator for a 2011 wr250. I bought my husky off craigslist earlier this year and I've had problems with the ignition system on it ever since I got it. It stopped sparking a week after I got it. I've tried a new cdi, checked all the connections and kill switch, and it's been at a ktm shop for probably more than a month trying to get it to spark. They put a new stator on it and with it still not sparking they believe it has to be the regulator. They have called around to husky dealers they know and they all have said they don't have any of the regulators in stock and don't know if or when they will get any in. I've tried a couple sites and they said that the regulator is on backorder with no eta on when they will get more. Thanks for reading and will appreciate any help. I believe the part no. Is 8000h3964
  2. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    NCSteve and shawbagga like this.
  3. matt123 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 wr250
  4. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Not sure on ducati CDI, I think my bike is running the older style. I can't imagine it would affect anything, I mean realistically, it only controls voltage in the circuit, does the same thing as the stock one.

Not exactly "Plug and play", but stupid simple, only has two wires.

WR.png

Because the stock regulator is earthed through its chassis/heat sink, all I did was solder the green/black wire coming into the stock regulator, to the yellow wire on the Trail Tech.

Then just earthed the brown wire on the Trail Tech, to where the original regulator was mounted.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Umm, I could be way off here, but the VR doesn't have anything to do with spark unless the later Ducati ignition requires it for some reason. Usually just for running lights. If someone else can confirm that I think that you have a bad/disconnected ground if you've replaced everything else.

I have the older 2006 and my VR is in a box as I race mine and don't run lights.
    Rob09 likes this.
  6. matt123 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 wr250
    The ducati ignition on the 2011 and I think 2012 wrs have a digital cdi which gets its voltage from the regulator. It's in the shop and the guy has called several husky dealers and they said the ducati ignition usually goes bad around every 6 months. Not sure how true that is but mine lasted a week after I got the bike used.
  7. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I just replaced my regulator due to no spark. had the same issue, But Halls had one in stock. I would call them and see if they have anymore.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Call Bills too
  9. matt123 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 wr250
    I emailed and sent a parts request to halls in Indiana and bill's in oregon, hope these are the two places you guys were talking about. Hopefully I hear back from them tomorrow.
  10. matt123 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 wr250
    Called Hall's cycle in Illinois I think, they had one in stock and I should have it next week.