1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Help needed please.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by paddy.t, Dec 19, 2012.

1. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Morning all,

I have a wre125 on an 07 plate, been having what seems to be one problem after the next with it. Yesterday afternoon it ran 100% spot on, called for fuel and got about 3 or 4 miles and it more or less died on me; coughing spluttering getting verry close to dieing then ide pull the clutch in and rev the nuts off it, carry on same again very very little power, coughing, spluttering and juddering.
    It sat at work over night, kicked it up this morning 1st kick, then it died and took me a good 10 mins to get going.
    Once running it ran as i have described.
    I know ive put petrol, it had a new ring 2 weeks ago and has plenty of 2T in.

Any help would be good,cheers

Paddy
  2. NephronRacing Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '98 Ducati 748, '69 Honda CB350 Cafe
    Could be a fouled plug. What's the plug look like and did you do a compression test? I'd start with those two things.
  3. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Plug is only a few days old, doesnt look to have blown through the insulator. I came off a night shift this mornong so not checked anything yet.

Cheers
  4. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Is the fuel good? You can get crappy gas even from a good station.
  5. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Thankyou for the posts chaps. Stripped the carb today and its full of sludge, everywhere is blocked and cruded up.
    All taken apart ready for the ultrasonic cleaner tomorro.

Paddy
  6. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Who did you upset? :lol:
  7. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Haha, its all the deep rivers and bogs we have here in yorkshire.
  8. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Well chaps the carb wasnt the problem, though someone did do a half arsed job of fitting the full power kit, so waiting for 2 bits to complete that.

Bike runs and rev's fine in neutral, soon as i put it in gear it dies, pull clutch in and rev it she runs again.

Im open to any more suggestions.
    Thanks
    Paddy
  9. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    does it have a neutral switch on the gears (neutral light on dashboard)?
    does it have a switch on the clutch lever?
    it sound like an electronic problem

check your cable connections on corrosion and also the grounding connection on the frame

Robert-Jan
  10. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Ive been through the connections not so long back fella but ill give them another looking. Ive had a few electrical faults with this bike.
    I don't have a dash board so can't say.

Thanks for your input.
  11. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

when i bought my bike it ran fine, then after a few wet rides followed by the jet wash it kept stalling, then completely stopped running with no spark. The previous owner for some reason had wired the kill switch with three twisted cable connections and a small amount of insulation tape crudly taped around the cables. The had water corroded the twisted cables which finally resulted in a loose of connection and no spark.........Also, check the magneto is not full of water.
  12. NephronRacing Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '98 Ducati 748, '69 Honda CB350 Cafe
    Two thoughts:

1.) When it's in neutral and it runs is that with the clutch pulled in? Is the clutch lever at the engine pinching a hose or wire? Might be grounding a wire or starving it of fuel. Although the latter would be odd because the bowl should have enough fuel in it to run.

2.) Take a sample of that gas. You might have some water in it. Revs okay but doesn't produce enough power under load. Or maybe even a wet air filter?
  13. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Check the Nut and the woodruff key on the flywheel. Maybe under load it is moving slightly and putting off the timing. I had a nightmare of a time with a 125 that the woodruff key had sheared and the flywheel was moving slightly on the taper .... Run, don't run, run poorly, run well, don't run etc.
  14. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Thankyou for all the replys. Ill try and reply to you all.

Spud; we do a lot of wet riding and deep river crossing's. ive found some crude bits of wiring on this bike since i bought it and have put them right. Ill check the kill switch.

Nephron: the clutch can bit in or out solong as its in neutral its fine, sounds a lovely bike.
    Ive stuck a brand new air filter in, cleaned the airbox and manifolds and had the carb stripped and cleaned it in the ultrasonic cleaner. And theres no pipes or wires near the clutch.
    Ill drain the petrol from the tank too.

Chef: thats my first port of call today, ive got the casing off i just need to borrow a flywheel puller off a mate.

Thanks everyone.

Paddy