help needed want to buy ibeat/pcv????

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by husky bom, Nov 18, 2010.

1. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

help please.........what i want to do is be able to tune my 2010 te250 myself so what do i do and what should i buy and were do i get all this stuff from there are many combinations out there help please

1.....what do i need......ie part numbers or kits?????

2.....were can i get the lot from??????

3....how much is this going to cost

4....what works best and is user freindly...

thanks hope some one can help with this matter
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Click on the SEMCO PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS advertisement at the top of this forum! All your questions can be answered by Scott, the owner. Very economical way to get into iBeat compared to what Husky wants to charge.

Or click below :)

http://semcodesigns.com/Products.php
  3. racer514 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is this THE Husky software or another software that does the same thing or is it completely different (aka, Dynojet Powercommander)?
  4. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    This is Husky iBeat. It comes with an iBeat installation disc, a driver disc and the usb cable adapter. It's a good deal if you want your own set up. The owner is great for support either through email or telephone:thumbsup:
  5. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

My understanding is that it is THE Husky iBeat software with 100% legality (not pirated, etc.) and a Semco interface cable rather than the one Husky sells. Semco worked out an arrangement with Husqvarna so it's legit and is where I would go for iBeat for sure.
  6. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

so guys is it all i need .......the ibeat kit from semco is the goods????????????

ps ...do they send to australia????

or should i get power/c and tune it
  7. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Take the green pill or the red pill- the choice is yours;This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
    :busted:

If its one or the other- then it has more to do with you than the systems... what do you want the ability to do? These systems allow you to do different things. Things that you'd need a shop to do. The EFI system is very consistent- so once you have a good setting you are set. Your dealer may be able to achieve this for you- It depends on dealer availability and if they are real good with EFI- or learning yet themselves- or if you want to be self sufficient.

The PC is a tuning device that has "auto tune" traditionally- you'd have a professional tuner with a dyno set up a custom Map for you. This new system is intended to replecate that. Without the dyno or the Autotune- you are taking educated guesses and adding and trimming fuel. The end result "goal" is perfect air fuel delivery. The 2009 OEM Map was supposed to be pretty close to perfect- per Dynojet. Your abilities to achieve perfection may also be complicated by your lack of knowledge of working with a new system. If you like to play with stuff and continue to learn and experiment this is a great system. If you just hook it up and let it do what it does and don't understand it much- I would not also expect "perfection". Its not exactly "simpletune". If I had one I am sure I would love it and I'd find some more performance- But I like playing with stuff and figuring it out- and take the time to experiment. That said, I don't plan to purchase one.

The I/beat is first a diagnostic device. There is a lot of information available. You can interpret, resolve, and erase error codes. Your need for this depends on if you intend to take it to you dealer for check ups and diagnostics- or if you intend to be self sufficient. You do have the ability to tune the bike- but the parameters are much more simplistic than that of the PowerCommander. The 2009 and 2010’s allow for CO 1,2,3 changes in power up mode. Those 3 parameters in the Map adjust similar to Pilot, Needle, and Main jet. But EFI is different than a carb because it takes into account variables and adjusts fuel to achieve the Map- think of the map as a goal to achieve. If you tell the bike to achieve the wrong Parameters it will achieve the wrong parameters perfectly…. And your bike will run like crap. I tuned my bike with Ibeat- and am very happy. I like not having extra equipment plugged into it all the time. I like being able to do diagnostic checks and to adjust tps- and try different things. It works for me. Once you have a good setting with Ibeat- it stays the same- no need to change it, short of getting a completely different type of exhaust system- such as going from a open pipe to a real quiet pipe. My bike is very consistent and does not require any attention.

If I was racing I would probably wonder if the PC substantially improve my bike and would get one, but right now I can't imagine anything better coming out of my bike- least nothing substantialy better. If I had a 2008 I would get a PC3 or PCV with Autotune- since the 2008’s do not allow you to tune CO1,CO2,or CO3: But I would at least have tried to have the FB1 setting adjusted by the dealer to see if that would suffice…

UP to you- many here have been in your shoes: some got the PC and were happy, some got the Ibeat and were happy, some got both because they do different things… and were happy.

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
    :thumbsup:
  8. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

ok i got it......i want ibeat now were do i get it from is semco the only place????
  9. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    easiest and cheapest unless you catch a private sell somewhere...............top of the page for the kit
  10. discobob Husqvarna
    C Class

Unless you get a PC you wont get it any where as near good as when you rode mine the other day. Good yes but not even close accross the whole range.

Ibeat has three areas to change Low, Mid, High so easy to use but PC has about 200 areas to change, so easy to get mixed up but much better.

Ibeat is good for problem solving and things that you do little with, reset TPS, fault finding etc.

I choose to take it to a dealer for a quick plug in if needed and have the fueling right every time I ride it.
  11. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

yes mate your bike was unreal when i rode it with the PC setup....i am doing two things hear iam getting ibeat to do all the fault finding and is handy to have when doing adjustments tps i hate dealers........... i am getting a PC after riding your bike it was great just sorting pricing with the PC......so when the PC comes i will talk with you and get a few things sorted

ps... discobob we will have to ride again soon i will show the stuff down the coast
  12. EnduroTourenMadeira Husqvarna
    AA Class

RE:

Hallo Guy's,

i send some emails about the software to the email from semcodesigns.
    And dont resive a answer back, have somebody here a mobile number from the Scott, i want to order 2 packets from the ibeat software.

Thanks a lot...

best regards,

Hendrik
  13. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
  14. EnduroTourenMadeira Husqvarna
    AA Class

RE:

Yes, this number i call some times and everytime the mailbox say they are not available..:excuseme:

Whats is his name here in the forum? Maybee i can send him a message over the forum.
  15. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

hi all... i have sent Scott a email he sent one back in about 4weeks saying that he can not get the software from husky ......but is trying......

note.....scott has the cables but no software disc

ps...i have sent scott a email about the software 3 weeks ago and still no answer??????...im wanting to get the full ibeat kit as well

if someone calls Scott could you please tell or post up what he is saying about the ibeat kits please..........would like to call but im in australia

thanks
    H.B
  16. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    His forum name is "seymore" : http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/member.php?u=110