1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Help No Spark 06 WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Robracer, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Robracer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1 Track Bike
    So after having the reed valves turn themselves inside out I fixed that problem & did 2 blissful hours getting dirty only to have her stop again :( This time no spark....
    Have tried multiple plugs, & another coil without success, have disconnected the switch block incase the kill switch was playing up & have checked all earth connections, all I am left with is the Stator......
    So before pulling the flywheel should I check to see if I am getting voltage from the Stator? where do I go from here? I have a puller but rather than dive in I thought I would seek advice first, Oh & I dont have a manual so no access to measurements regarding the Stator.
    Thanks In advance!
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    my manual doesnt say anything on any readings . I had this on another bike and it was a loose connection on the cdi . check all connections - voltage regulator under tank etc check resistance coming out of stator . sorry I cant help much
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

id check to see if you sheered the woodduff key that holds the flywheel to the crank.

my 06 did that.

youll have to use a puller to get it off even if its been spinning because the magnets on the stator is so strong.
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    i have a 2007 stator and full electrics coil etc just track down what you need and give me a pm, converted mine to a cr engine so do not need the parts.
  5. Robracer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1 Track Bike
    Thanks Guys! Razor, the crank & flywheel turn at the same time but I will pull off the flywheel later today & have a look.
    Jo thanks for the offer mate!
  6. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

mine turned at the same time by hand too.

mark the crank and FW with a marker and give it a few kicks. if things arent still lined up theres your answer.

beware 1 side of the crank has left hand threads (sorry i cannt remember what side but i think its the FW side) and if the thread are buggered youll be shopping for a new crank.
  7. Robracer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1 Track Bike
    Thanks Razor, will try that first.... main nut is off & it was normal thread on the FW side
  8. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

its been a couple years and a lot more brain cells ago :)
  9. Robracer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1 Track Bike
    Yeah, gave it a boot full & there was no movement at all between the two, the key looks intact so the problem must go deeper :-(
  10. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok, its simple but was worth a shot.

the other thing ive had happen was the spark plug boot lost contact between the boot and the wire. have you checked that?

the boot should just pull off and allow you to strip back a peice of the wire insulation and then twist/screw the boot back over the wire.

also double check all of your ground connections. if there is any question at all about a ground connection clean it up with some sand paper.
  11. Robracer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1 Track Bike
    Have swapped out with a new coil, looking for a cheap fix, so that's not the issue & checked all ground connections, I would love if it was that simple.
  12. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

i have a couple of complete good working wr ignitions ,and a brand new stator, I would sell you one cheap
  13. Robracer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1 Track Bike
    Yep pulled the Stator, I was told the following measurements to check & this is what I got:

Light blue to blue : 128 ohms
    Blue to earth : full scale
    Yellow to earth : .34 ohms

My test showed:
    Light blue to blue : 125 ohms
    Blue to earth : Nothing
    Yellow to earth : Full scale

I am going to send off the original to be rewound Hopefully it comes back better than than new