HELP PLEASE! Fuel problems

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Mike Kocher, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Mike Kocher Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ450F
    Ok so i have an 09 TE610 with only a little over 400 miles. Just the other day i had it out for a quick ride and while i was going down the road it sputted out as if it had run out of gas. I tried to crank it over but if it started it was for a milisecond and then shut off. So obviously its a fuel issue. I got the bike home, drained the gas tank, and removed the fuel pump. You can hear the pump humming when you turn the key so its getting power and the filter looks clean as could be. Yet im not getting any fuel to come through. Not sure exactly if it needs to be fully submersed in order for it the pump to push the fuel through the filter but i would assume it wouldn't have to be. I am trying that after i post this to see if that makes a difference but i doubt it will. I found a new pump online from highflow fuel and i am planning on purchasing it but i have never had to replace that and im not sure how difficult it will be. I guess im just asking for some help from people who know more than i do. Any sort of insight, as to if those replacement pumps fit without hassle or if im overlooking something, or even if i can somehow fix it.

Thank you guys!
    -Mike
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I am not familiar with the 610 fuel pump assembly, but if the bike was built in late 2008 and now only has 400 miles on it in almost 5 years, the fuel pump sure might be varnished up from low-usage. You should post up on the 610 board and ask if anyone there has a pump out on the bench and to measure its diameter and see if it's 30mm, and ask them about replacing just the pump.
  3. Schneble73 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Husky 610 sm
    Mike did you resolve your issues? I bought a new pump from high flow on ebay. Installed it today and it ran for about 5 seconds then died. Not sure where to go from there. It obviously had spark. It cycles pressure when I turn the on but turns over and doesn't start. I put a new battery in thinking I didn't have enough cranking amps. All to no avail. If anyone has tips on what to do I'd appreciate the help.
  4. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you replaced your fuse?
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Member since Aug. 3, 2013, last seen, Aug. 3........1 message.

Either he fixed it or winter came and he started watching football and hockey.
  6. nathanbird24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 txc 250
    Hey man. I was having the same issue but now it's not working at all right now. I called toy tech in Harrisburg area and mentioned to clean the power relay in the stator side. They tend to get corroded from the oil from clutch particals and cause no power to close the mechanical gear or something I guess. I gotta try that tomorrow after work. Take the cover off and start cleaning away. I checked all relays, ecu, reg/rec and switch. All good. So confusing even with the mechanic book
  7. Schneble73 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Husky 610 sm
    I haven't fixed it yet. Sorry for the delayed response and thanks for the responses. Work keeps me busy then kids on the weekends. I will go through it tomorrow to look into all of your suggestions. May take me a bit as I'm not much of a motorcycle mechanic. All I have in the way of literature on this bike is the owners manual.