Help request from overseas

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by andrewsterz, Feb 7, 2013.

1. andrewsterz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    510 smr
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr 250
    :eek: Hi folks, I'm a new member, sorry for my diction, english is not my first language, I' Italian..
    Probably my questions will be stupid or maibe over discussed, forgive me for that, i thank to anyone wants to answear me..
    Thats my problem: I bought a PCv ( power commander 5) used, from a seller, I own an Husqvarna 510 smr model 2008 with double silencer sistem (xRacing italian producer), but seconf group ( last models before 2009), the sellers said to me the power commander run on every 4 stroke and monocilnder bike, so it's absolutly compatible with my bike. couse no differences exist from ather models..Now, i read lots of forum and threeed ( also in this site), Cafe Husky said correrc PC is model for 2009,:
    1) How Can I know wich models is mine?
    2) I am looking for maps, Producers site gives tho maps for 2008, 2009 , zero maps and " power kits with stock exshaust". Anyone can give me other maps? o There is someone who had used Auto tune on smr 510 with silencer non original and can share the maps??
    Thank a lot.
  2. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Personally, I would be careful about running maps from others. Even with the same bike it is not guaranteed to be good for one just because it is on another. I know it sucks, but to really maximize the PC tool, you need to go to a dyno/sniffer with a competent tuner and have a map made for your specific bike. I know that sucks and cost some money, but I look at it this way, I would rather spend 100-150 bucks and get a bike that is tuned and runs great than take a chance on a map that might not be good for your use and not run as good as it can.
  3. andrewsterz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    510 smr
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr 250
    Thanks firebolter, I don't know how does it cost in your state, but here in italy you must spend about 300/400 euro ( 400 $) for a specific map for your bike ! It's true, is the best thing to do, but i spent 140 $ for POwer commander 5 , so you can imagine it's tooo expensive!!
    Second problem, if you own a slip-on silencer you can use auto-tune, but if you use a complete exsaust system, ( like Leovince, arrow double..) you can't use auto tune!