1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Help! Stator and CDI unit don't match...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 95wxe250, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 95wxe250 Husqvarna
    C Class

Can anyone provide some insight about stators and their corresponding CDI units??

I have a '95 WXE 250 on which I recently discovered the stator/flywheel that was replaced by the previous owner is actually for a 1993(?)/19995(?) CR 250. It's had power issues since I bought the bike last year and I'm guessing this is the problem. All other avenues have been explored (fuel...good. spark...good. air....good. clutch is solid. just doesn't have any power in the lower gears and seems like a timing issue). I'm not sure the power issue is simply about using a CR stator on a WXE, but the fact that only the stator/flywheel was replaced without a corresponding CDI unit.

I was told by a reputable dealer in Illinois that the CR stator might work on the WXE if it has a corresponding CDI unit. Still waiting on a phone call from them to continue this discussion, but I thought I'd throw this out to the community at large for additional feedback, and what might be the cheaper alternative....replace CR stator with one to match the existing WXE CDI unit. or, replace existing CDI to match CR stator.

there is currently no light mounted on the bike. it's my understanding that the CR stator is for mx, and therefore may not be strong enough to run a light (?)...just a guess.

any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You do need the matching stator and CDI. The CR stuff is digital and the WR stuff is analog.
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    there is no lighting coil on the CR.

I'm investigating the possibility of using the new 2011 WR digital stator and CDI on my 2009 WR when the parts become available.