Help with AutoTune Install

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ChibbMD, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ChibbMD Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CBR, Yama R6, Moto Guzzi EV
    So I've got instructions for the install but they're from another model Husky (a TE450, I've got a 2010 SMR510) and the connections at the coil look a little different than what I've got on my bike. I'm going to be referencing the end of the AT that connects to the coil not the O2 sensor. In a nutshell, the autotune has a connection which is basically a ring terminal. It should have no problem being connected as indicated in the picture. But the other wire has a strange connector which basically allows it to simultaneously be connected to a male spade terminal on the coil and have the disconnected female connector piggybacked onto it. The issue I see is that the coil on my 2010 SMR doesn't look to have any spade terminals. The stock wires look to be hardwired into the coil. Anybody know how to make this work? Am I looking at the right parts?
  2. ChibbMD Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    So a little more info. I called Dynojet and they said that the only wires coming off the AT should be: 1) Connection to PCV, 2) Connection to O2 sensor, and 3) connection to power/ground. It looks like my instructions are from Semco Designs. I wonder if this was a special harness they developed. After talking with DJ, I'm not sure why an AT would be connected to the bike's coil?? I left a message with Scott at Semco. Hopefully he might have some clues.
  3. ChibbMD Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scott from Semco got back to me. Basically explained that his preference was to connect the Autotune power to the switched power off the coil because it only powers on for a couple seconds when the ignition is turned on and then only stays on when the engine is running. It's basically the safest place to connect power (vs say the switched power to your taillight) to avoid having the AT discharge your battery in the event you leave your bike turned on. In the end, I still chose to power off the taillight/license plate light circuit. I'm all hooked up and good to go.
  4. evannaculum Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Which wire is the power for the taillight?

I'm trying to splice the autotune power wire into the taillight wire, but I do not have the schematic. Anybody know which wire it is? 2009 510smr. Thanks!