1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Help with oil Mix

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Nikolas, May 10, 2010.

1. Nikolas Husqvarna
    C Class

Heyyyyy!!I have a sms 125 and before one year i had a oil valve failure.
    Since then i have to mix the oil from the fuel tank.The percentage of oil i put is 2% per liter of gasoline.is this ok??Can i put less oil because i use the bike in the city and in traffic where i can't have the throttle always full the engine doesn't working well.And another question: the oil i use is Motul 710 100% synthetic, it is good or better use another??
    Thanx and sorry for my English
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    2% is the right mix. Here we just say 50-1 which is the same. As long as you are using a good 100% synthetic oil you'll be fine.:thumbsup:
  3. Nikolas Husqvarna
    C Class

thanx man!!its ok i think with an empty tank put oil first and then the gas. its a better way to mix??
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I always mix my fuel in a fuel can and then pour it into the gas tank on the bike. I use Motorex at 60 to 1 ratio for all my two stroke bikes from 85cc to 250cc.
  5. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

50:1 and 60:1 might do if your not ringing the crap out of it all day.

If you are I'd go to 32:1 on a 85 to 125. I'm almost certain that I would destroy the engine at 60:1 in a weekend. And my two boys would eat cranks at 40:1 in the 85's. They hold up at 32:1 and fat jetting.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I bought my 85 three years ago and though there is no other way to ride that size bike besides wide open, it is still on the original top end. I rode the 220 four years before rebuilding the top end. Previously I used different oils(several different brands over the last 30years) at a lower dilution (32/40 to 1) and did top ends about every year and the blowby was worse as was the carbon build up. It works for me and runs clean with little or no smoking. I have known riders to use ratios of up to 100 to 1 that swear by this, but I don't want to go that high.
  7. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

It's not the top end that has issues with lower oil ratios, it's the bottom end.

I've seen kids that ride mx go WOT on every inch of track and they run 28:1. They also replace top ends and 10hrs for max power. Very rider specific IMO.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Never have any worries what so ever about bottom ends. the ratio of replacement (at least for me) is about one bottom end overhaul for every ten top end overhauls and I never wait until something breaks to do an overhaul. I've blown up gear boxes before and fried clutches, but I can't ever remember throwing a rod. Guess I'm just a lucky ducky.:D
  9. Nikolas Husqvarna
    C Class

OKKKK...finally i think that the 50:1 its ok..and the engine runs well and i dont think i have a problem with my piston or cylinder..eeehh??I say again that i don't use the bike for races..also my mechanich said that the del'orto carb can affort bigger oil ratio in order to work great
  10. Nikolas Husqvarna
    C Class

sorry can't affort
  11. Old Geezer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 XC500, 1985 CR500
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Yamaha 360 MX, Harley FatBoy
    I've run 32:1 all my life in all the bikes I've owned. And also jet them ever so slighly on the rich side. All this to gain longevity on old 70's machines when running them hard all day.

I guess we find what works individually and end up sticking with it. The mistake people make when finding the ideal oil:fuel ratio is when they forget to adjust the air:fuel at the same time.
  12. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I run my trials bike at 100-1 full synthetic and rev it to the moon.
    Still looks brand new inside top and bottom. A full synthetic oil will take a lot more than any mineral base oil.
    :cheers:
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Use what Husqvarna tells you. They know what works in all situations. They've tested the motors and have a vested interest in making sure your bike doesn't explode before its time.

Sure, you'll read all sorts of rhetorical stories about bikes lasting 9000 years on the original rings and piston using a 4000:1 mix of <insert name of favorite synthetic premix here>. But if you dig deep enough, you'll find plenty of folks who have had dismal results by experimenting with mix ratios greater than manufacturers' specs.

A great USA Scholar and Philosopher said it best in the movie "Dirty Harry" in 1971:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he use Motorex 40:1 or Golden Spectro 100:1?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 2010 Husqvarna TXC 250, the most powerful 250 woods racer in the world, and would blow the Orange clean off a KTM, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I don't trust my engines to luck or shade-tree engineering. I run 'em at recommended mix ratios, and I run 'em rich. And I've never lost a one. Including my 1971 Hodaka Ace 100 that's on the original piston, rings, and cylinder.
  14. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I remember back in the old days....bikes would foul plugs at the recommended 20:1...switching to bel ray MC-1 at 50:1 was the hot set up...and it smelled real good..and never blew up

I know a lot of folks nowadays run very lean mixtures with no problems.....but in my opinion think the basic 32:1(3%)is a good compromise..probably a bit more spooge than one would like....but you'll never worry about an oil related failure...personally I stay with 32:1 myself

experiment with lean ratio's if you like..many oils are very good for this too..and have a high film strength

mix it in a fuel can..jet for it and stick with it.....

in a pinch yes you can mix it up in your tank.....stick with the exact amounts though...but its hard to tell how much fuel you gonna be able to get in there

motul is good stuff...but a street ridden 125 would need a fairly rich mixture in my opinion...cause you eventually will be flat out...and for sustained periods of time..I would be running the Recommended 32:1
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I agree with Troy - I run approx 35 to 1 and I am not having any spooge/oil drip issues
  16. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

i ran 25cc of oil to 1lite of petrol, so that 125cc od oil to 5litres of petrol (1 UK gallon)
  17. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

40:1, im not very nice to the throttle though.