1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st help with sms failure

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ben yewdall, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ben yewdall Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm 125 s
    I have a 2008 sm i brought it to work to get some work done and its been kicked over mutiple times while i had the battery disconected, when i came back to it its completly dead nothing happens at all i dont really understand the whole battery/kickstart it says quite firmly in the manual never to try and start the bike with the battery disconected but i dont understand what damage has been done, has anybody any idea? Really struggling with this
  2. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    Ok, so it had no live battery connected when you kicked it over and it started, were the wires touching the frame when it was kicked? And now you kick it over with the ignition on and the engine won't start, is this correct?
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    its got a battery? no clue here any one else?
    may have overloades the cdi but im just guessing i have no clue with batterys thats my womans department.
  4. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    If you are saying you have no battery connected now and it won't start, try connecting a fresh battery and trying that. And if it has got a battery or you're putting a new one in, check the fuses. Mine are under the seat so presumably the sms's are there too. If you find those, take them, hold them in good light and see if you can see a break inside. If there is, buy a new fuse, install then try again. I would guess that you've perhaps sat on a wire for the battery and it's touched the frame as you've kicked it over, science is not my strong point but I got told not to touch the wires together o on the frame because it will short out the circuit, hence the need for fuses
  5. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    The battery might act as a voltage regulator to the lighting system, and the worse you can do by running it without the battery is burn all the lightbulbs. The ignition part is probably a completey separate AC CDI setup, and wouldn't be affected. I'm speculating, I'd need a quick look at the proper wire diagram to know for sure, but I'd be surprised if it could hurt the ignition in any way. Pull the sparkplug and check for spark , then you'll know.:thumbsup:
    juicypips likes this.
  6. ben yewdall Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm 125 s
    Mm still stuck there was a blown fuse but there is still no sign of life the batterys fine thanks though im glad you think no damage has been done kicking it over with no battery the blown fuse makes sense but why is everything suddenly died everything was fine (electrics wise) before it was kicked over with no battery im going to get to the bottom of it somehow cheers guys