1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st help?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gpcodie, May 10, 2012.

1. gpcodie Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 250 xc
    im new on here and im trying to make a decision on getting away from ktm and was wondering if husqvarna is where i should run too, i was thinking about a wr or txc? can some one help me out?
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    What type of riding do you do? This IS a husky forum so we will all say buy a husky and make it a WR 2stroke!
    lankydoug and huskybear like this.
  3. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Im assuming that since you posted in the 2-stroke section that you prefer one. Definitely give us some more info and we can help steer you in the right direction. Type of riding, preferable bike size, skill level, pre-mix or no pre-mix, etc. I bought two Huskies within the last year after not owning one since '00. In the mean time I had a large assortment of different bikes. I doubt that I will be buying any other brand again. These bike just plain 'ol work. And look good to boot!
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    go either gas gas or husqvarna they are both proven and handle better than pds ktms.i have just done the suspension on my wr/cr125 hybrid and prefer it to my gas gas 200 for the type f riding i do ( hilly rocks, roots, clay and gravel trails mixed in with some fast whooped out soil tracks) much lighter and easier t throw around.if your talking faster loamy tracks then go gas gas most o f the weight is low down and can be steered easily by weighting the pegs.the gas gas ec200 weighs around 103 kg the cr 125 is about 10 kilos lighter.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    wr300. maybe a wr150 for a bitta fun too. new ec200 has claimed weight of 94kg(sceptical but sounds good and they look sweet). wait a month or two and see what the new models bring.
  6. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    unless they've changed the engine and based it on the 125 can't see how they could get it that lite no matter how many holes they put in the frame, could not see a 200 on their website.Another one could be the fantic they use the gas gas engine and are a bit lighter.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have ridden and owned KTMs. I recently rode a brand new 2012 KTM 300. My WR300 felt lighter and way more powerful. The WRs all handle outstanding, especially if you are riding the tight stuff.:thumbsup:
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    You can't go wrong with any of the wr line-up. I have owned all kinds of bikes over the years and my wr144 puts the biggest smile on my face! I don't think I have ridden a bike that handles as good as this one and I am pretty sure the rest of the wr line-up is similar:cheers:!
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I've owned an EC200DE GasGas and a Husky WR250 and much preferred the Husky so I sold the GasGas. A lot of my decision was based on the fact that the Husky fits a tall rider much better than the Gasser.
  10. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    Same experience. The KTM owner agreed!
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    And strangely enough, I felt that the WR300 felt just right for my 5. ft 5 in. tall body. Still awkward for me to touch the ground, but very comfortable ergonomics once my feet are on the pegs!