1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc hi all a 2011 cr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wayne, Dec 9, 2011.

1. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

hi all i am wayne from uk,just found this site ,exellent, ive just got my15yr old lad a cr125 2011 ,wow what a bike, hes been riding a yz125 also great bike ,so far just had it on stalker mx track for a practice, he took to it really well, he said it handels brill, corners fantastic loves the bike,let me say one thing he is a good rider came 1st in the pjmc winter league this year in the schoolboys didnt ride a bike till he was 12 so hes doing ok ,but when riding the yz at the track he doesnt get a second look,took him to same track on the husky what a difference every one was watching him ,same rider same speed ,style ect ,loads of people came over for a chat about bike ,they were saying how nice it looked ect ,then why don t you see many about? i have a question its not due for a piston yet ,but when it is what are you guys using? price ect,i was told to use a stock husky piston ,but who makes them?sorry for the long 1st post atb wayne
  2. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    hi Wayne, local bike shop ran a cr125 in 2009 they used a pro x race piston and a honda clutch, i think the standard piston is wossner, with the pro x you may have to drill lube holes at the exhaust bridge.they also ran a custom exhaust got bike upto 40hp.if uk rules permit go 144 and exhaust to suit.the guy who owns the shop is Steve of steves motorcycles midland, perth western australia, nice guy, drop him a line if he can help iam sure he will.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Welcome to the site and congrats to your son on the Husky.
  4. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

thanks guys,yes was looking at the cr150 ,within our race rules they can race with the 250f ,the bike i bought is a tuned 125 as the last rider entered 125 races only think its close to 40hp ,so i was told ,would the 144 kit make much of a difference ? he got 1st against 250fs in the winter league on his yz, i think the race venue this time will be same rules ,different place though sand track ,would the 144 be better in the sand ?atb wayne
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wayne the 144 makes more power than the 125 for sure. It was hard for me to believe that 19 cc's would make much of a difference but it sure does. It will pull a gear higher everywhere now and the low-mid on my 144 flat out rips!
  6. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

sounds nice ,watched a lad on a ktm 150 at a race day, man that thing flew, he had a few problems with it though, just a concern ime 43 in my youth we had yamaha dt125s ,we used to put the 175 top end on them, was told they all have the same bottem end,is this the case with the husky can the 125 bottom handle the big bore ok ? the 144 would be an advantage against the 250f s ?.just to add my lad loves 2 strokes ,he had a go on a ktm 250f and hated the thing. atb wayne
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    base HP on an 02 was right at 34-35 HP...19cc is not going to boost your top number much but it will add torque and rideablity
  8. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

looks impressive thanks, i think the 144 kit is about 700 gbp ,but can the bottom end take it, long term? i would make the investment but dont want to mess up reliability atb wayne
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    bottom end is not a problem on the husky...there are a ton of these babies out there with 144s in them...I even had a 02 with a 195 kit in it....no problems at all
  10. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

right i ve read alot of 144 posts on here now ,lots of positive info on it thanks all , think thats the route we are gonna take in the future ,gonna keep my eyes open for a kit ,save up first though.spoke to my lad about it he thinks its a good idea too, but we are gonna enter a couple of schoolboy races on the 125 first .atb wayne
  11. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Hi Wayne
    I was in Husky Sports the other day and their pistons are less expensive than the ones you see scattered around flea bay ect so try giving Mike a ring there when its time for a new one
    I saw one on fleabay the other day and someone wants £120 for it ! now that is not funny as I dont pay that for my TM pistons
  12. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

cheers johnnyboy , i saw the same piston for sale before i asked the question on here, i was hoping that was nt the going rate for them:eek: i will call them when its ready for one ,told my lad ,tell me if you get bored of the husky and i will gladly take it off your hands,his reply was i dont think thats gonna happen dad go and buy your own .atb wayne
  13. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    i drilled and tapped the clutch perch on my wr125 using a m5 bolt to adjust the lever making it easier to grab.you can run kawasaki kx125 exhausts with modifications for fitment.i believe a standard honda cr125 piston will fit but slight power loss due to skirt length.
  14. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

I think the stock husky clutch plates are excellent, i wouldnt switch to hondas or anything else. We also have great luck with the stock husky pistons