1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Hi guys! New here! WR 300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi everybody. My name is Johnny and i live in Sweden, northern Europe. Actually just about an hour away from where it all started about 90 years ago with husqvarna motorcycles. I owned a 125 XC in 1982 that was converted for enduro and that bike never let me down. Husqvarna was really world class at that time. The best you could have! Now i,m looking at the new WR 300 and i would be glad if you guys could give me some feddback on that bike. What,s good, whats not? How is it compared to the KTM EXC for example? I heard about the stiff clutch and kickpedal that some say is too short. How is the rideheight? I am 175 cm and weight is about 200 pounds in good shape! The KTM is known to be very good at low rpm,s, but some say the Husky is even better. Is that right? Many questions here, but you know how it is when you going to buy a new bike. all info is worth a lot! Every info is welcome!

Regards Johnny.

Sorry for bad spelling here and there=)!
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Welcome Johnny and I am sure someone will be glad to full you in on the WR300. Haven't had the please of riding one yet but read/hear they are awsome bikes. I have a member at our MC club thats going to try one. He's not real happy with his 08 KTM300.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks! Intresting to hear that your friend isn,t pleased with the KTM. I would be intresting to hear from you again when your friend has tried out the Husky!

Johnny.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Friend of mine is switching from GasGas 300 to WR300. Husky Bucks racer contingency and better quality and finish of Huskys have him switching.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will keep you posted on that Johnny. My son has two 08 KTM's for sale now because he LOVES his new 2010 Husky TC250 so much. The stop watch says he's way faster on the Husky at all three tracks we clocked him on.
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Music to my ears! I ordered my new WR 300 today! I haven,t even tried one! Haha! I was in the shop today, but the only bike they had was the TE 250, so i sat on it and the height was not as high as i expected. Good news! And after reading all i got over about the WR 300 i don,t think i will be disapointed. (wrong spelling?). It seems like a great bike after all i,ve read and heard.

Johnny.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The TE 250 is 950mm and your NEW WR300 will be 975mm will be easy to shave that off the 300 seat if need be (thats 1" to us in the USA). Well Congrats on getting the WR300. So when does she come in? Hey don't worry about your spelling you are soon to be a Husky brother and we don't care how you spell; heck I can't spell myself.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The CH guys are cutting 15mm out of the subframe on their WRs.
  9. jjhawk Husqvarna
    A Class

Right needle with Euro casoline is 6DEY15-74, part number 8B00H1785.
    It is dead on the middle with orig. Gay needle.:thumbsup:
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

If i,m lucky i,ll get it before Christmas. There is a delivery coming to Sweden next week they say, but you never know until you see it!
  11. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Thanks! What clip position do you think will be good when it,s close to zero outside? Main jet for long upphills? Pilot?
  12. jjhawk Husqvarna
    A Class

Pilot: 40
    Main jet: 460
    clip: second from top
  13. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm of similar height as yourself and I have no issues with how tall the bike it. It is a taller bike than the Yamaha I had been riding, but its nothing too concerning.

I love the bike. It is a very capable machine and the motor is absolutely stunning.
    There's some small fit and finish issues I have with it, but nothing that makes me regret buying it.

NWetRider has posted his 'fix it' list a few times on here. Search for it and it'll explain what issues need to tackled before riding it.
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Congrats on the new bike, Johnnymannen :cheers:

Does anyone know what the WR300 weighs for real?

Oh, and as to when it's close to zero degrees outside?? I'd say the perfect position for that clip would be safely tucked inside a garage somewhere!

WoodsChick
  15. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    0 degrees is a spring day in Sweden. :D
  16. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! They told me a will get a needle and some jets with the bike, so i will see what needle comes in the package. I,ll see if i can find the thread from NVetRider then! Really great forum here! A lot of helpful people!

Thanks!
  17. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Haha! i guess you live in a warmer part of the world! Now w ehave around 5 degees Celius. We had a quite cold winter last year with a lot of iceracing. We plowed tracks with our 4wheel drive workingmachines. Great fun!
  18. jjhawk Husqvarna
    A Class

It comes with "full power kit" in the Europe. Needle is 6GAY69-74.
    It works quite good with 50 pilot, but when you ride in soft sand you notice that it is dead on the middle.
    With 6DEY15-74 it needs smaller pilot.
    Then it is like EXC 300, but turning better.:D
  19. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks again! Then i will order that needle. What pilot could be good with the GAY-needle? Haha! Nice name for a needle! We have close to 0 degrees here now.