1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Hi, New To The Forum. Any Tips??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Javier Perez, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey everyone, im new to your Husky forum and Husky motorcycles, just picked up a 2010 WR250 and having it shipped to my country in central america, any tips on where to find parts and bling in the US?? cant wait for the bike to get here!!
  2. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great choice! Make sure that you check bolts etc are tight before you ride it. In particular tighten all the engine bolts including the head steady. Also rear sprocket bolts and wheel spokes. Re check when you have ridden it. I guess it's due to vibration but the bolts do tend to slacken themselves or aren't particularly tight from the factory. I lost several engine bolts in the first ride of my 2010 300. I know many others have found things loose in the early rides.

I am sure you will want to re-jet it also, have a read through 'jetting chat' for what other peolpe are doing and a starting point for jetting, it's easy to do a makes a world of difference to performance, fuel consumption and setting for your riding style.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The WR250s are really awesome bikes .... It should last a decade or more even under harsh conditions ... Just do the normal maintenance things and you'll be all over central america and back again ... It's a great woods bike and should do well on a MX track also ...

Here is a list of possible parts places ... There is also a classified ads section in the cafe also ...

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/general-aftermarket-source-list.1134/

Also, there is ride report section here also ....Take some pics of your rides and post them there....

Some people like to check all the bearing on a new bike to insure they are greased up properly .... Their life depends on the grease... Once you take them apart a few times, it is really no problem to add grease to them and extend the bearing life ... After the bearing is on the bike, I just pop the seal off the bearing, clean out some of the old stuff and add as much grease as I can back into the bearing...
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/greasing-bearings-diy.2294/
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Welcome! :)

(Sadly I know nothing about 2strokes so I cannot give any advice)
  5. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the advice!! i´ll make sure to have my loctite ready when i get my bike!!!
  6. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks, the realibilty factor was big influence on getting a WR250, have you had any expierence with aftermarket pipes on you WR? i was looking at a Leo Vince X3, heard anything on it?