Highs and lows ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ozzie, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Went out today with a couple of my mate and they showed me a couple of new water holes this is one of them and this was the high part of the trip
    DSCN1089.JPG

DSCN1088.JPG

DSCN1087.JPG

and the lows is that I blew a radiator hose and had to get towed to road by a KTM

sunday gully12\' 070.JPG

sunday gully12\' 073.JPG

I'll never live this moment down thank god I only had 2 KTM's with me today. But all in all I had a good day, so now I have to look for a good set of hoses to replace the old one. any ideas???

Cheers Kel
  2. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

that first pic looks like a cool lil campin spot and hate to hear of your troubles on the trail man.
  3. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Steal them from one of the KTMS! :thumbsup:
    Auto store heater hoses will probably fit if you cant get originals.

4. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    A tow, even if by a KTM is better than no tow at all :). I was down last week, and a tow from anyone would have been appreciated!! Super nice pics, looks like a dream place to ride!
  5. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank I'll look into it

Kel
  6. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know what you mean, one day my old rmx let me down and I had to push over two hill it took something like three hours:banghead:
  7. SAM511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 HUSQVARNA TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 HUSABERG 450 2014 HUSABERG 501
    Hey Ozzie,
    I am hearing that you guys have had a lot of rain up your way.
    Whats the riding like ?
    I am heading up to Tenant Creek at the end of May for 4 days and they have been belted.
    SAM511
  8. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't worry Sam you are coming at the right time It will be nice and dry the temp will be in the low 30's, bring with you a camelbak with at least 3 litre bladder. For the the riding, its fast open and flat and with rock its not my style of riding but hey, its riding and some of the place's i get to see I think are nice. Like the place in this thread we rode about 60-70 k's on dirt roads before we got to the turn off, So as for a bit of fun on the way home I just held it flat for about 40 k's and that's why I blew the hose that join the two radiators together The riding you are going to be doing in Vic is my style of riding and it four years since I done that style and I miss it
    So when you come to Mount Isa call me, I'll be pissed if you don't, you can ride my bike and I'll grab a mate KTM
    DSCN0670.JPG

Heres a pix of the countryside
    DSCN0670.JPG
    PC241281.JPG
    IMAG0195.jpg
    SAM511 and RollinHusky like this.
  9. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Enjoyed the pics...and at least you didn't have to push your bike out. Been there, done that and hated it. Now I carry a tow line. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
    McKay likes this.
  10. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

McKay, I lived in Clovis some time ago ( grew up in Tranquillity, CA) and did my undergraduate work at Fresno State. Nice to see someone from back home. Are they still riding near Three Rocks, by Cantua Creek or Kettleman City near Huron, CA? We rode there quite a bit in my younger years. I'm hoping to come out sometime in the future, haul our bikes out with a couple of friends and do some riding. Maybe we can hook up and thrash the Huskies around.
  11. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Kettleman got shut down about a dozen or so years ago, Clearcreek in Coalinga was shut down as well. Im not aware of a place near Three Rocks, but Im researching now! Get in touch of your headed this way.