HOH Rain Forest

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by wachs, Sep 4, 2013.

1. wachs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800GS, KTM 500 EXC
    More big bikes but there was a cool HUSKY on this one!

I was invited to tag along with my friends up in Washington on their annual HOH Rainforest Ride http://www.altrider.com/altrider-s-hoh-rainforest-ride-2013/pid/1357 so at the last minute, I drove up there in my crappy little car that still gets 35 mpg and hopped on their green KTM 950.

We met up at ALTRIDER HQ early in order to make the ferry over to Bremerton and the Olympic Pennisula.

[IMG]
  2. wachs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800GS, KTM 500 EXC
    A quick stop by the famous landmark downtown. NO PARKING ha!

[IMG]

Got to the dock with a couple minutes to spare on a spectacular day. That’s Kevin Miklossy
    from onewheeldrive.net on the right and Jeremy LeBreton from ALTRIDER on his brand-spankin’-new R1200GS on the near left.

[IMG]

Haven’t been on the ferry for quite some time and this was first for me on a motorcycle (the only way to go - first on, first off)

[IMG]

Those boats actually haul ass!

[IMG]

Got to ride and hang out with Neale Bayly (taking photo of the Bremerton Naval yard). There were 4 huge aircraft carriers being de-commissioned there (I think) and one of them was the USS Kitty Hawk - they’re HUGE!

[IMG]

[IMG]My bike was riding kind of strange - thought it was just bald tires with wrong pressure - would turn left differently than it turned right. Finally figured out the forks were tweaked from a little crash prior (not me though). An excellent crab enchilada at 2 Margaritas.

[IMG]

Jeremy’s R1200 will never be this clean again but it’s well defended.

[IMG]

Big technical discussion.

[IMG]

Last gas stop before the campsite.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Got to the dirt and with the recent rain it was delicious.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lots of greenery.

[IMG]

Erik from ALTrider - skills improving with every ride

[IMG]

We got to camp at Satsup where everyone was trickling in, had a nice dinner and got up to rain the next morning. This was going to be a fun day where we took morning spin up in the hills and back to camp for lunch. A quick riders’ meeting in the morning with a variety of routes to take. (I’m poaching Neale and Kevin’s shots)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Haven’t had a chance to ride with my buddy John Isenberg from motoquesttours.com since a big trip on thumpers from Bend down into Nevada a few years ago, 2009 to be exact - He’s big and fast on his 990

[IMG]

more . . .
    Kenneth Webb and HARDER1 like this.
  3. wachs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800GS, KTM 500 EXC
    John handles that 990 like a dirt bike, it's inspiring riding with him.

[IMG]

Neale and Kevin splashing through the ferns and alder.

[IMG]

Jeremy

[IMG]

Oops forgot a couple images in that sequence. We ran into this pack of fellas on the way up to a ridge. All hell broke loose!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Then we stopped by another cool waterfall

[IMG]

Quinault river(?) with John Isenberg

[IMG]

Had to wait for some guys to show up - just peacefully passing the time.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Huge log

[IMG]

more . . .
    Dirtdame likes this.