HoleshotScott

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy Scott on his way to the Ironman 2nd place (out of about 20 ironmans) in a 6 hour partial night race. 08 TXC450 that has seen everyting and then some. Countless trail miles, races all over the NW and as far a Perry Mt 24hr. 160 mile DS days, you name it Scott has pounded it out on this bike. Still hole shots and rules. Oh, had a Motoz Tracula rear with about 1800 miles on it :eek: Good stuff. :thumbsup:

[IMG]

Funny, the catch all folder I put this pic in also contained a pix of Scott doing the same thing back when the bikes was newer.

[IMG]

Scott+dead engine start+TXC450=holeshot
  2. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP
    This bike has given me more dead engine hole shot starts than I can remember. The only times that I don't get the jump on everyone else is when they have some crazy ass start that requires me to jump over stuff(like a moto starting gate)and run to the bike. Short legs and hurdles usually provides some pretty good laughs from the spectators and a soil sample by me.
    No kidding on the rear tire, 1800+ miles and I am planning on using at a race this weekend. I finally had to retire the front tire after the Foggy Dew Ride a few weeks ago. I had 1600 miles on it.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man Scott the rest of the field looks like they are gassing up or something and you are just GONE! Congrats.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am envious of your talent. :)

:cheers:
  5. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Didn't you spend a good amount of time helping a downed rider to boot? :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

6. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP
    Yes I did tend to a downed rider. For anyone who has rode with me knows that I have a habit of watching things off of the trail also (like mushrooms). So I am 4.5 miles into the 6 hour event with a pretty good jump on the rest of the Ironman class and riding in clean dust free air when I look over into the grass and see a bike and rider off course and down. I pull over and layed my bike over and checked his condition . I asked him his name and if he remembered what happened and what was injured. He said that he wasn't sure about how the crash happened but he was pretty sure that he broke his shoulder again. He told me that he had the pins removed 3 months ago from a previous shoulder injury and it pretty much felt like it did the first time he broke it.
    By now another rider who I know (shawn) stoped and asked if I was alright, he didn't see the injured rider at first. I asked Shawn to go to the first check or first sweep rider and let then know that there was a rider down at 4.5 miles from the start. Shawn took off and I stayed with the rider.
    I lost some time but it was the right thing to do and the race was 6 hours long. I can say that it was a bit challenging riding back through the dust of the entire Ironman wave, so much for the clean air plan:)
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    good on ya.
  8. Srad600 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '04 TC450 Plated
    Other Motorcycles: