1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Hot setup tips for 144 kit?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HSrider, Aug 2, 2013.

1. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi all,

I put the 144 kit on the 125 and rode it the other weekend but didn't get enough good time on it to really get a good opinion on the 144. I got my lectron carb this week and hope to install it this weekend with the stock pipe and maybe FMF turbine core 2 silencer.

So just looking to see what everyones setup is with the 144 kit?

Thought about changing the gearing but not sure what to switch it to. Maybe try a 51 or 52 on the rear.

Thanks
  2. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    09 Wr144, lectron, fmf Fatty, turbine core muffler, 51 rear. I've only put 8 hrs on the bike but it will take whatever I throw at it. Ended up on some very big hills this past week and the only limitations were the rider. Much more bottom than my 08 cr125. I like the cr's ignition way better so this might get swapped this winter. I think I still need to do a little fine tuning with the lectron as it is a bit rich but I'm having lots of fun riding it. Enjoy!!!
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    depending a bit on what you ride (track or trail) but I would say that a 52 is not an overkill

I am having a 165 and ride trail but in dry season I still do like the 52 teeth

in wet its a bit to much spinning around and will get back a teeth or 2
    Robert-Jan
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    '10 wr144 with 36mm lectron, fmf fatty and stock silencer. 13-53 gearing. This gearing works great for me(mostly tight,steep single-track). The fatty felt like it gave it a broader spread of power with a bit more in the mid-range compared to the stock pipe which may have had a little more on top.The biggest improvement I made to this bike was the lectron, spending more time riding now instead of chasing jetting on the stock mik tmxx.:cheers:
    lankydoug likes this.