1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st House Cleaning Announcement

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Feb 18, 2012.

1. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    You will be seeing several new stickies temporarily as I do some house cleaning to this forum. Please be patient as I move items around, merge threads, and delete some duplicate items. My goal is to eventually only have a minimum number of stickies. Too many are a distraction at the top of the forum.

I will also be creating some single page threads that could be moved to the Tech Reference forum if it makes sense.

So over the next few weeks there will be continual work going on in the background. If you have any concerns about something of yours that has moved, just send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

I'm looking forward to making the 2 Stroke forum a better place for everyone to visit.

Thanks!
  2. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    FYI... I decided to create a new 2-Stroke Index Thread. My original plan was to create separate indexes for 125/150 and 250/300. After reviewing all of the links that we had in the 125/150 index, it became apparent that most of the links were common to both. Instead of duplicating items which just leads to errors, a new game plan was needed.

I organized the items in a new format. You will find the same categories as before, but they are now separated using individual posts. I think it looks more clean this way. It also enables users to select a particular post and provide a direct link to someone if they need help on a topic. Where applicable, I will also group links for the 125/150 vs. 250/300 bikes within each category.

Take a look and let me what you think. Thanks!
    2-Stroke Index Thread
    Long_Stroke likes this.
  3. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Dean allowed me to set up the 2 Stroke forum with some prefixes. These are just like those used in the Classified Section. This will allow you to click a prefix to filter the entire 2 Stroke forum per a desired bike category.

IMPORTANT: I will need your help to make this a success. Going forward, please select the "most appropriate" prefix when creating new threads.

Guidelines:
    If your topic is regarding a smaller bore bike like WR125, WR150, etc.. --> Select the [125-200cc] prefix.
    If your topic is regarding a larger bore bike like WR250, WR300, etc.. --> Select the [250-500cc] prefix.
    The default prefix is [All 2st]. This should be used when the thread could apply to all engine displacements 125-500cc.
    Please refrain from selecting the [no prefix]. This should only be used in unique cases. Example is a thread about the mini CR50 or non-bike topic.

I hope you will find this new ability to "filter" threads beneficial. It will take a while for me to go through the historical threads. In the end, I believe the effort will be worth it.

-------------
    Reminder to myself: start on page 61 (almost half done)!
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Looks great Matt!!!
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A bit distracting to me and confusing. I find myself overlooking posts now.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I anticipated that reaction, and am working on a solution to make them more subtle.
    giantjoe and Vinduro like this.
  7. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    An alternative was to separate threads into 2 sub-folders based on engine displacement.
    2-stroke ( main folder)
    125/150 (sub-folder)
    250/300 (sub-folder)

After putting prefixes on 50 pages of threads so far, the sub-folder alternative could be easy to convert over to.

I have set up a poll if everyone wants to provide input. After all, my goal is to make this forum enjoyable to all of us. Click here for the poll

Thanks for your input Dwight.
    Vinduro likes this.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The original idea I had was to organize the forums by keeping track of the good bits, such as in an index thread.

But lets see how it goes.. First let me try to change the styling of the prefixes so they don't stand out so much.
    Vinduro likes this.