1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc How do you get in there to adjust sag?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by giantjoe, Jun 26, 2012.

1. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Is there any trick to getting at the shock nuts? Do you pull the upper mount on the sub frame?
  2. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    With a hammer and a flat screw driver. Loosen the top nut, then turn the bottom nut clockwise for more preload or counter clockwise for less preload. Remember to tighten the top nut after getting your sag.
    Daniel508s likes this.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Motion Pro sells a neat shock nut punch that has a brass tip so as not to damage the Shock spring nut. Not bad priced. Your friendly Parts Unlimited Dealer can get you one. Even a long punch is better than a screwdriver. A screw driver will damage the nut so use that only in emergencies.
    giantjoe likes this.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I use the end of a flat file, the part that would go into the handle.It's bigger and blunter than a screwdriver so it doesn't do any damage to the preload nuts.
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    A piece of 10mm aluminium round bar filed to a flat on one end has served me for many many years and will not leave a mark !
    If it starts to look ragged on the end, file it again and another 10 year life span begins
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I use 1/4 sch 80 PVC that I cut into 3/4" wide x 10" long; no messing up of the nuts with that. Once in a while I re-cut the end off the PVC to get it back to square. LOL I bought a sheet 4' x 8' sheet of this stuff 15 -20 years ago and still using pieces of it today.
  7. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    put bike on stand loosen top ring nut (i use aluminium flat bar) and you should be able to turn the spring by hand which should rotate the compression ring nut, keep everything well lubed.
  8. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    Be sure and clean the threads before turning the lock rings.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I honestly do not know but my girlfriend does know and thats all that matters
    Twatty and huskybear like this.
  10. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1
    But if it gets a bit stiff to turn by hand, I use a long screwdriver(or similar) to lever the ring around, as opposed to belting it. No damage and heaps faster than tapping it around with a screwy/punch.
  11. Biggziff Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R, 500 EXC, 1970 Suzuki T250