1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc How sweet it is!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Aug 27, 2013.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Hey every-one, I just got back from a week long riding/fishing/camping trip and thought I would share a few thoughts. The plan for the trip was to fish in the morning,ride during the day and fish again in the evening. The lake my brother and I camped at was located at around 3800 ft. above sea level in the chilcotin mountains here in B.C. and all the lakes in this area get very rough during the day due to the winds funneling out of the mountains. Anyway,the area surrounding our campsite was full of old ranch roads,horse trails,and logging roads and I decided my 450 husaberg would be the better choice to take on this trip as I needed the fuel range to do the 90-130 km we had planned on each day and being able to do 60-70 mph would help also on the more open stuff. I also had to hang with my brother on his xr650! We spent a lot of long days in the saddle riding every-thing from tight gnarly cattle trails to face-peeling groomed gravel roads and saw a lot of interesting things along the way(including both grizzly and black bears!) We enjoyed the riding each day but we were both suffering from serious monkey butt! The seat on both my brothers bike and mine are more like air filter covers than any-thing you want to sit on after 5-6 hours on the bike! Alright back to the purpose of this post, every time I was riding in any-thing below 40-50 mph I could not help but think about how much more fun it would be on my wr150. The lighter weight,better handling,and suspension would have made those long rides in the bush seem shorter and I am sure that my back-side would not have made a baboon feel good about it's looks! The next day after getting home from the trip I had to take out the wr for a little ride around the yard and all I can say is "How sweet it is!"(sorry no pics-camera issues:()
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    one thing the older huskies have on the new ones are seats, thats for sure
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    you blokes are mad riding around where theres bears! id be crappin myself. bears, cougars/mountain lions etc & even wolves would have me paranoid & petrified while riding I reckon. least down here nothing on the land will eat you, just gotta watch some of the dodgy river crossings! sounds like a fun week, nice work mate
    huskybear likes this.
  4. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Said it before and will say it again... you guys in Canada/USA/Oz are sooo lucky that you have the freedom to ride... I love the UK but if you ride off road here you will have your bike taken off you by the five-0 or run over by a farmer... I can only dream of a weekend like that - enjoy the benefits of living in a big country! Really nice write up of your trip btw.
    huskybear likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 04 CR165 with a tall seatconcepts seats is like an old XR seat and WONDERFUL.

[IMG]
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    wow! that thing actually looks like a seat someone would want to sit on...looks good
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I had one like that on an '11 TE250....really made sitting nice, and easier to transition to standing because legs weren't bent so much.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like a good time but don't end up as bear soup out there ..

--
    I almost had to have a rear-end transplant after 2 straight yrs of riding the stock Husky seat ... After other mods, I finally had to change the seat cover on a couple bikes and that alone gave the seat about a 6% better feel over the all stock setup ..
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. To bad the seat made a great adventure in the mounts a pain in the ass :D
    huskybear likes this.
  10. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    rear brake is working fine :)