1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc how to get big power from a 360

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bennettrim, Oct 13, 2010.

1. bennettrim Husqvarna

Hi all this is my first post at husky cafe , I have a 2000 wr 360 it has a recent rebuild ,I have added a gnarly pipe and boysen reeds and jetted the mikuni carb with a 420 jet , I was wondering what else to do to make it a 450 killer as I love my 2st's and really want to stick it up the 4st's , any info would b good ......
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Wr360 will stick to 450's all day long depending on the rider.

Best mod l've done is change the stock gearing to a 14/48 but again depends on what you ride.

Ask Wallybean as l can remember he mad a few mods to his 360 like dual stage reeds, powervale work etc but if you ask me, unless your racing then l just fill it with petrol and take off.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    2000 360 already has gobs of knobs! turn the little grip on the right more anti-clockwise and hang on as you go buy!

verify yer jetting too, check that plug mate.

welcome to the site!
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    wallybean, put together a thread on a intake manifold mod just google 'wr360 wow' or look through here in the search tab, this mod helps the engine breathe at higher rpm.
    you can have a play with the gearing as the 360 has lots of torque especially with the gnarly.
    mine has a stage two head that had been fitted by the previous owner, gnarly pipe,14:48 gearing and a shortened muffler.
    the bike has massive bottom end and revs clean through powerband but i prefer to short shift as traction can be a problem where we ride.i also fitted a steahy fly wheel weight and a 140 wide rear tyre.
    i have a mate who rides a ktm450sx he is alot better/faster rider than me so it's hard to compare but he thinks they make similar power just different delivery.
  5. bennettrim Husqvarna

thanks for the reply guys , I will try some different gearing as i am running 15:45 , i rode it today and it deffinately makes awsome power but i got cleaned up by a 2007 kx 250 in a straight line drag which make me think there is other stuff that needs to be done to get more power from the engine , also with the right gearing what should be the top speed i should expecting..
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    15/45 is great for desert racing :)

Chuck a 14/50 and ya mates kx250....where is he again..:p

A far as top speed...l don't know but l get up hills pretty quick and i've done 100kmph on fast trails with other riders so they hum along....with your gearing you'd probably get to 160kmph but l'd watch the bike leaning out at that speed if you haven't mixed the fuel ratio right?