Hungry Valley (Gorman) Ride and Campout

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Runner, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    This will be a really fun weekend, and there's a Poker Run held the same weekend.

[IMG]
  2. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    For the hard core, the Gorman ride is the weekend before Stoneyford, and is just up I-5 from Gorman![IMG]
  3. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Super nice group of Riders. I was just out with them at Johnson Valley last weekend.
    Guaranteed good times if you decide on joining them for this ride.

We had riders from ADVRider, ThumperTalk and KTMTalk
  4. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    can't wait, i'll be there friday, early afternoon.
  5. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Hey, Double. This is going to be a fun ride. I look forward to meeting my fellow Husky riders Saturday morning.
  6. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Heads up, the riding area has been changed due to weather report for Gorman, we are now meeting at stoddard wells.
    see map in the first post to where to meet.
    Mike
  7. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    thank goodness i turned on my computer today....i'll be at camp by 2-3pm on friday. hope y'all can make it.
  8. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

They ride switched to Stoddard, because of the weather in Gorman. Those that made it, we had a great time.
    I really have to hand it to the "Riders club", they fill a need as far as getting a bunch of riders/ strangers together
    and just go ride. Any one that has the same problem as me, as far as getting a ride together with friends
    and/or family, and it not working out all the time, this Riders group certainly fills a need.

You couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys/ girls to go ride with, everyone is self sufficient, takes care of their own stuff, yet
    on the trail with these people we all look after each other, great combination I think.

I highly recommend them. Although "Riders" has all levels of riding experience among their members, don't kid yourself
    these guys are very good riders, the trail rides are very spirited. But the way they do a trail ride, all that ride are looked after.
    When I ride with them I can see the choice of bike to use will be very important, depending on where we are going to ride.
    A desert tank is a good choice for some of these rides.
    We missed you Vic.

Mike
  9. EagleOne Husqvarna
    B Class

how waz the weather out there rained like crazy here
  10. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I'm bummed things did not work out for me to attend. We'll catch up on another ride.
  11. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Froze my but off sat. night,
    I was cold sat. night, windy and a full moon when I got there at 2am sat. Set up my camper and went to bed,[IMG] I couldn't get warm
    Sat morning I had my coffee and dressed out and went for a great trail ride with the group. Cloudy, windy, but no Rain. Wind stopped about 7pm and we had a great fire, so it was toasty warm.
    Sat night I was warm sleeping, woke up Sunday It threatened rain but didn't, rode around for awhile, packed up, left, as soon as I hit the fwy it opened up rain all the way home.

Got a call Monday morning from the storage place I have my sailboat on a trailer, they told me My boat blew off the trailer. 5000 lb boat?????? blows off the trailer?
    I rushed down to marina del ray, and my boats fine, the boat next to mine blew off, his rigging all in mine, no damage but a mess.
    Because his boat was way smaller than mine I managed by myself to get it back on the trailer, clear the mess up. So I guess It was really windy there Sunday.

All in all the riding was perfect, I rode in a sweat shirt, Steve McQueen style though....
    Mike
  12. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

did you end up doing the poker run in gorman?
    Theres the poker run coming up end of April, It is in conflict with a "riders" planed ride. Im doing the poker run though.
    Its for a good cause and I like the fast paced 25 mile loops. Anyone from Husky.com want to meet and ride the poker run
    let me know we can do it together.
    Mike
  13. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    No, I did not ride at all. [IMG] Too many other things were in the way, but by mid-April, my schedule should return to normal.

I have not decided when to ride next. Which poker run are you thinking of?
  14. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ill be doing this one http://barstowpokerrun.com/index menu.html
    I do it twice a year and have a good time, sometimes just me and karen, I ride she does the pit thing (lunch, gas stop)
    Mike
  15. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ill post this poker run seperate, here and at Riders.
    Mike