1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Husaberg 2 stroke

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Apr 12, 2010.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

TBM just had an industry news bulletin in their April issue that confirmed Husaberg will be releasing two 2 stroke models in the near future. They will be based on the same frame and engine architecture as the 390/450. A side note was made that this will demand that the new motors will be fuel injected. :thumbsup:

Displacement sizes will be 230 and 370. Wow 370 big bore 2 stroke with FI. :cheers:

Just FYI,
    Walt
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Awesome news!

Glad to see another major player getting into the 2 stroke segment. Especially with some new tech.

What is old is new again :thumbsup:
  3. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

230 2t XC Husaberg, DI injection and a linkage. That would be a sweet ride :notworthy:

Downside is the wp forks...berk :p could never get them not to deflect on my ktm's.
  4. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

April 1st issue?
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Scott,

April 2010, issue 176, page 8.

Walt

PS, Re-reading it says the factory won't confirm but they wouldn't print idle rumors.
  7. Dirt_drifter Husqvarna
    A Class

Could it be April fools?
  8. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    If this is true. I would buy one! 370!! Braaap!
  9. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Oh lord ! april fools!!! Got me! Wow I'm slow
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

IF it is an april fools joke, I doubt Husaberg or KTM would be laughing because it comes across as serious. They do have a nice article on Si Wakely and his racing career with Husqvarna.

Walt
  11. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

Kinda reminds me of the early stages of the 2010 YZ450 "rumours"...glad they turned out to be true.

Bring on the 370 !

:popcorn:
  12. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

If this is true -- that would be really cool.

Anyone have a feel for whether this is real or not? What is "TBM?"
  13. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

ohboyohboyohboyohboy
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Been hearing this rumor off an on for months. :excuseme:
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

TBM is the British magazine "Trail Bike Magazine". I like them, no bs and seem to give all bikes a very even hand in their revues.

Kelly,

At least this rumor is semi-confirmed in print in a respected Euro mag. Here is the quote from the magazine:

"Husaberg are working on two-stroke machines! Although factory sources won't officially confirm this, when pressed on the matter, a spokesman for the Austrian-owned company hinted that their Swedish development department were working on the two-strokes in order to strengthen the Berg range. What's more, they also sudgested that the bikes are likely to come in some unconventional displacements, rather than following the existing enduro capacity class structure.

In order to employ Husaberg's innovative high-crank design-which is likely to result in fantastic handling machines- the bikes would likely need to be fuel injected, something of a Holy Grail of 2T development. But with parent company KTM's two-stroke research we wouldn't be surprised to see it arriving soon...."

Then in a caption under a photoshopped picture is the caption:

"We predict the announcement of a Husaberg TFE230 and TFE370 later on this year..."

This is the first Item featured in their Industry news section.
    Walt
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very interesting. :thumbsup: What a great time to be a dirtbike rider with all these amazing bikes. :notworthy:
  17. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am going to a Husaberg Dealer meeting on Monday in TN and will try to hit someone up for info.
  18. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Walt and Scotty. Good news for us two stroke fans. I'd still rather have the new 21st century Husky though. Plus, the Husaberg might be trick, but it will probably cost about a million bucks....
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Can't wait to hear what you learn Scott.

Dave, The problem with Husaberg's for me is the lack of a kick starter and the 9k price tag. Now if it is a trick DI that is the best thing since sliced bread I might have to seriously think about it and carry an extra Lithium Ion battery in my backpack.

Walt
  20. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good point about the kickstarter -- I guess I sort of assumed they would have a kicker on it [but then again the 4-strokes don't]. You know what they say about assumptions....:professor:

Regardless -- with more than one company in the 2-stroke business, I think it will encourage further R&D from all the manufacturers. This can only lead to good things if you ask me.