Husaberg 2011 2T!!!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jul 7, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's just a KTM motor rebadged, isn't it? The frame looks KTM to me too. According to a post over on ktmblab, it will only be for sale in europe.
  3. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

The only mechanical difference for the blue 300 is closed chamber fork taken from KTM also.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You have to love the "TE" model designation for the 2 stroke. They look better than "Pumpkins" though!:cheers:
  6. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think they are better looking too.
  7. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

I think you guys need to look past that fact that it is a just a different colour KTM. You need to ask the question, why would Husaberg add 2st to the lineup? These bikes will not be rebadged KTMs for very long. Husa will have it's own 2st lineup in the future.

I love 4st but I have never understood why there are 4st and 2st haters out there. I think it is very cool that we have a choice between loads of manufactures as well as stroke type.

Here is the top ten from first round of the CEC last weekend....

1. Jason Schrage Honda
    2. Ryan Graffunder Husqvarna
    3. Ryan Durkee Suzuki (I think this should be KTM)
    4. Shane Watts KTM
    5. Geoff Nelson KTM
    6. Brian Wojnarowski Yamaha
    7. Jared Thomas
    8. Ben Rego Yamaha
    9. Shane Cuthbertson Husaberg
    10. Guy Giroux Husqvarna

Lots of different manufactures. And there were 4st and 2st bikes in the top ten.

We are lucky people for sure.
  8. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    :applause::thumbsup::applause: This from Husaberg and more from Husky and TM, Gas Gas and KTM is the future. Cheaper, lighter and race ready at point of purchase. Exciting times for dirt bikers, choice is back in fashion now, not marketing. When i check out the video's from England and Europeon events 2-strokes are the majority. None better than Husky though.
  9. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

for marketing reasons?

i seriously doubt that. today, "husaberg" is only a brand of "ktm sportmotorcycles". even though they are "playing the swedish card" in the video, there's no such thing anymore like a "husaberg company". there's a technical office still in sweden, but most of the development is done in mattighofen.

anyway, beautiful bike.

r
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Lame IMHO blue KTM. I would have waited to pop an all new "Berg" 2 stroke and set the industry on fire like the new 09's did. It is nice looking.
  11. HuffieVA Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    (2) 83 500XC's, 86 400XC, 02 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK, Yamaha, Kawasaki & Harley
    Any confirmation they will be sold stateside?
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My assumption is that KTM has a boat load of 250/300 motors sitting around with the severe drop in sales that they experienced last year. So instead of using the new 230/370 DI motors with the same crank over tranny configuration as the 09 and later 4t's, they re-badge KTM's. I was disapointed with this move but I don't have to balance the bottom line. I look forward to seeing and hopefully riding the new DI motors when they are released in 2012. I gotta say if it is me I release the hounds, set the market on its ear, and eat the older motor losses by selling a gazillion of the new 2t's.

JMO,
    Walt

I really liked the motor on the KTM 200 I road and would definitely consider buying one if it wasn't that god awfull color.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep looks like a prettier KTM. I bet they will also be priced a little above the KTM's.
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Gotta admit they do look very appealing. I hope they are more reliable than the KTM 2T's with their electric leg issues etc.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Can't imagine they would be as that IS a KTM.
  16. Mootak Husqvarna
    AA Class

The two smokes from Berg are to offer that model range to single line smaller dealers that don't offer a EXC 2T option in th UK. Simple as that. Not for U.S. consumption. Does open up some future 2T possibilities though. Give Berg some time, I am sure more good things will come.

Later,
    Jeff Tasky
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good info, thanks. :thumbsup:
  18. HuffieVA Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    (2) 83 500XC's, 86 400XC, 02 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK, Yamaha, Kawasaki & Harley
    What exactly is the issue (or “fear factor” associated) with importing two strokes into the US if they are free of EPA constraints and sold as competition bikes? They aren’t for everyone I agree, but neither are four strokes. I’m a Husky fan, but I would also love to see the affordability of motocross return, but the reality is its not going to happen with just a few manufacturers (Husky, KTM, TM, Yamaha and hopefully Maico soon) importing a limited number of two strokes. There is certainly a market for them, a market that would only grow with the number of available choices.

After all Europe brought motocross to America, Japan took over because they had more affordable and reliable bikes. The smaller manufacturers have the ability to reverse the trend by making the option of affordability a reality again.

Don’t get me wrong four strokes are great but you run anything at 12,000 rpm and something’s going to break and fixing broken things costs money, in many cases a lot more money than a small family race team can afford.

You can listen to Honda claim that two stroke technology is outdated, and in the next breath they claim it wouldn’t be fair to run 250cc two strokes in the 250cc class… (Whats up with that?):doh:

Sorry if my slight rant went off topic, but I’m just being honest…

Rodd
  19. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Huh?

From what I understand Husa is still run separately. Not much KTM in that 4st design. Sure they share things like plastics. But the real R&D is done by Husa for Husa.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Huh?

It's all KTM. In 09 they went from the berg veridically split motor to the KTM motor. Even has KTM cast into it all over the place and many parts interchangeable with the KTM's it came from. It's configured a little different but same motor.