1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky 2010 cr125 stock spring rates

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by happy539, Apr 11, 2011.

1. happy539 Husqvarna

We rode the Husky outdoors for the first time on Saturday and the suspension seems a little stiff over braking bumps and is not compressing enough while cornering. I suspect I need lighter springs for the rear and front.

We have the static sag at 30mil but could not get to 100 mil race sag. The bike is riding high in the rear suspension stroke over rough stuff and through corners.

My young lad weighs about 115 pounds without gear and is a fast MXer. We ride only MX.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the stock spring rates are for the cr125. I am going to order lighter springs and am hoping to get it right the first time.

Cheers,

Billy
  2. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

my 2011cr125 came with a 50n rear spring. i am 165lbs ish plus gear and got 27/103mm. i'm now on a 52n spring. (i had the spring measured for rate)
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 2011 WR150 came with .42kg fork springs (TOO HEAVY), and a 5.0kg shock spring (TOO LIGHT). I weight about 180lbs and ended up with .40kg fork springs and a 6.0kg shock spring. BIG DIFFERENCE !
    You want to set per sag numbers . You want a static sag of about 40-43mm on fork springs with a rider sag of about 75mm.
    Shock you want about 30-35mm static sag and about 100mm rider sag (+-2mm). Find a dealer that will work with you by exchanging springs till you get it right. DO NOT RIDE UNTIL YOU DO. That way your dealer can still sell the springs as new. My bike handles so good. Set the sags right and yours can too. You may have to have the shock and fork revalved for such a light rider. You will probably need a .36 or even lighter fork spring for a 115lb rider. Check the sags on the shock spring. It may be close.
  4. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

Billy, our suspension was very harsh until we got about 10 hours on.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

WOW, .44kg fork springs !???????????????! I tried .44kg fork springs on my KTM 525EXC and hated them. Counldn't get the correct sag numbers. Worked OK in whoops but wouldn't turn without pushing the front wheel. And that bike is 50lbs heavier than your CR125. I bet you had very little to no static sag and not much more rider sag. Did you check your numbers ?
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

.54kg ???? WOW, What do you weigh ? As for the rear I weigh about 180lbs and run a 6.0kg on my WR150. Check your fork sag numbers and see what you have. Set your rear static to about 30mm and see what your rider sag is.